Posts by Lcubed82

Congratulations to you, and your hubby! Enjoy your new life! The dessert truck sounds like fun!
ProvoCraft, makers of Cricut, also make the Gypsy and Design Studio softwared. My limited understanding is that these products allow you to create your layouts, resize, etc, in a PC type environment. The newer products will let you "work" with any of the Cricut cartridges. The downside is that to cut your designs, you must own the cartridge. Any cartridge except those for the Imagine will work with your machine. There is now an online Craft Room at cricut dot com. ...
Has anyone tried this brand? I have read that CK brand tastes better that Wilton in RI. I have to drive over an hour to get it.My local gourmet grocery has Lorann's Professional MP. Has anyone tried this? How is the taste?TIA
Are you wanting printed, or embroidered? I can help with embroidery. Private message if you are interested.
Great info! I'm wondering if, as with my sewing machines, this is something that should be done every couple of years preventatively. My hubby and I are both trained sewing machine techs (not active at this point, but still have the tools and knowledge!), and this looks pretty straightforward.
The spice cookie recipe from Karen's Cookies is wonderful!
I had great success last week with lettering on my cricut. I rolled homemade gumpaste very thin, then let it dry for 20 minutes or so. On my Princess cake, the capital O is 1.25 inches. The rest of the lettering is cut from a Wilton sugar sheet at .75inch.
I've used the Toll House cookie recipe off the yellow bag! A 12" cake pan makes a nice size. Disposable pizza pans work. I've also doubled and done a 1/2 sheet size. Be sure not to push too much into the edge. The dough will expand when cooking. By pushing it into the edge, you can assure yourself a crunchy crust.
Glad you and your home are OK! Good luck with the cakes.
Beautiful cake!! Congrats!