Posts by Lcubed82

I just got one as well.  My first "roll" was so-so.  I threw it back in the bowl and tried again.  Much better luck the second time.   I was using cake/little bit of frosting, not Oreo truffles. Now, I was only able to roll two logs at a time, as I kept rolling too far and having lumps fall out when I tried to do 3!  14 is still better than 1!   I know a lot of people don't like it, but there is a lady in my town that runs a quite busy legal business, and swears by...
Or it is a large Christmas ornament holder.
My understanding is with Design Studio, you can create layouts on the computer, then have the Cricut cut them. It is similar to many other graphics programs, like card creating ones, etc. The only rub is, even though DS allows you to use all the cartridges to design with, you must have the ones used in order to actually cut the shape. You must still invest in cartridges.With the Cake Basic, you would be able to layout your lettering and other shapes, size them to any...
I have often basecoated my cookies in glaze, the decorated in RI to get the details I want. That has worked well.
If you search the glallery on CC for "Princess", "castle", etc, you will see many that use ice cream cones for the towers. Cake cones for the towers, sugar cones for the peaks. I am going to be doing this in two weeks also!
I use no more than 1/2 a tub of teh storebought icing. Too much makes it too mushy.
I'd love to try the EZ roller. Just a hobbiest, so does anyone want to sell one cheap (then write off the rest as a business expense?!)
I met someone locally who is doing gangbusters with cake balls, and uses the roller. She said it took some doing, but now uses it exclusively. I'd love to try one. Anyone selling one cheap and writing off the loss? !
I have started attaching sticks to the back of the cookie with candy melts. I do this to make cookie cake toppers, actually attaching to bubble straws.
Beautiful! I also use her icing