Posts by Lcubed82

I've used that recipe (straight off the back of the can of choco powder) twice now with fantastic results.  Everyone loved it.  My choco recipe from now on.
SCAL had to stop working with the Cricut machines because of law suits.    SCAL2 is the last software edition that worked, but only if you didn't update your firmware on the Cricut itself.        I found this list of firmware versions on a chat board.  These are the latest that will work with SCAL2.   "If you're happily using SCAL then there is no need to update your Cricut firmware beyond the versions listed below. Keep in mind these are the highest...
I'd start with this.   This nightmare would only be second to having someone show up to pick up the cake you thought was next week!  So sorry!
What a sweet guy!  And he did a great job!    My DH bake a cake?  He doesn't even eat it!  My DD this year wanted apple crisp instead of cake (daddy's girl).  Thank goodness I am more of a cookie baker than a caker.  I save my caking for my friends and their kids birthdays!
Do you know the price is down from $269 to $99?  I bought one at this lower price.  I haven't had many chances to work with it yet, and am still getting inconsistent balls, but I'm not giving up!
The only program I know of is the Cricut Design Studio.  You will have to check the Cricut site for it.  There is an online feature for designing using many cartridges, but my understanding is you have to actually own the cartridges for the design to cut.
I am dissappointed to see that neither Square nor Intuit work with the Windows phone.  I had hoped to start using this app. 
Thanks for sharing the video!  I never would have thought to roll the "crust" off a cake!!  and frosting this way actually makes me want to try (with a glove!)
First you need to determine exactly what it will cost to make the cake: ingredients, electricity, etc, gas to go to store, cardboard cake boards, boxes for delivery, and every little item involved in the process. Examples of costs we tend to forget: *Will you need to purchase tools, pans, etc for the job? If so, will you use them again? If yes, then you can amortorize the purchase price over several cakes, if no, then the cost goes onto this project. *Will you need...
I would think that would be rather difficult to do the whole cookie.  Have you worked with fondant?  Many people cut the fondant shape, then decorate by adding details with other colors (you can layer, or to avoid buildup, cut out and piece in) or with food markers.  Attach the fondant to the cookies with a thin brushing of corn syrup.