Posts by USMCWifePena

Thank you for the quick response
Okay hopefully this isn't a silly question, but do you wait for the gumpaste to dry, or do you cut it as soon as you have it flattened?
Ok hopefully I can explain this right...and no one has answered it yet...haven't been around the computer in a while So at the end of the url for each page there is a number like 2235, page 150, so if you want to go back 10 pages you subtract 150 from 2235 and just change the number, thats what I had to do to almost get caught up now HTH
You could always use a tiki god as inspiration and have the main cake be a tiki and have a couple of palm trees come over the top of the tiki, to make it a little more hawaiian...or you could just make it look like a luau spread with traditional food.
I got my Amoretti samples last night and I couldn't wait to try them out and I couldn't wait for a cake to bake, so I made Mango Pudding with Coconut Whip...It was delicious...Needless to say years from now I will have stock in Amoretti!! LOL
So my best friend's husband is out to sea and I decided to make her the White Russian Cake with White Chocolate Truffle Filling to make her feel a little better...She LOVED it, except I didn't know that it was the drink that her and her husband only drank together!!!
I think MacsMom means she is using marshmallow creme as the filling HTH
Thanks Sayhellojana! My life is a little bit easier now thanks to you! I am so excited...I joined the band wagon and contacted Amoretti, they are sending me traditional and TROPICAL samples as I live in Hawaii and would be great here!!! I can't wait to try them out!
I have worked as a barista for over ten years and Davinci syrups keep forever, i am not sure what the appropriate ratio would be for flavoring cake and icing, but the ratio i do know is 1 oz in a 12 oz drink, 1 1/2oz in a 16oz drink, and so on(of course thats only liquid) ...and i wouldn't soak cake in them without unconcentrating them a bit, because it would be waaay to powerful of a flavor
All I can say is WOW