Posts by vicki3336

I baked this cake from the chocolate cake scratch off last year. It was submitted by Lita829. I found it to be really light and fluffy. I would have preferred a little less almond flavor, but the texture was great. Deluxe Chocolate Cake2 C sugar1 C butter3/4 tsp almond extract2 tsp vanilla3 eggs2 1/2 C cake flour, sifted1 C cocoa powder ( I use Hershey's Special Dark)2 tsp baking soda1 tsp baking powder1/2 tsp salt2 1/4 C buttermilkPreheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream...
I can get into the thread through my "watched topics" list. I'm not sure I'm posting the below link correctly, but hopefully it will work for you.http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-51807.html
I've been looking into the same thing lately, only for SMBC. Love the silky texture but family wanted it sweeter. I experimented by adding more sugar to recipes and had some success and some utter failures, but never really came up with anything just like I wanted it. I stumbled across a cupcake blog the other day, but unfortunately computer was turned off before I bookmarked it. I recall she used a recipe calling for 4 large egg whites, 1 1/4 c sugar and 2 sticks of...
I don't know the criteria for voting, but if it is open to anyone, I'd like to vote for white cake, carrot, white chocolate, cheesecake. I didn't participate this time, but did participate in the chocolate and yellow scratch offs. Two boys in football makes Sept and Oct too hectic for much of anything else. I did follow this one with great interest and ended up baking the Buttermilk Spice Cake from Emeril late one night on a whim. I'll say I agree with the reviews...
I own the Cuisinart 5.5 quart model. I did extensive research before purchasing it 2 years ago. I'm clumsy and messy and, though I don't use it every day as I am a hobby baker, it has withstood ME. I love the timer feature. Attachments aren't as readily available as for the KA, but are easily found online. I would highly recommend it.
I used Wilton premade gumpaste. Perhaps I hadn't let them dry long enough. I think it was a couple of days.
I once put some gumpaste goal posts into football cupcakes. Overnight, the goal posts bent over. I think the candy coating is a good idea.
I've been toying with the idea of using the simple syrups on cupcakes, at least the ones that aren't frosted all the way to the edges, to keep them moist. Wonder if that would work. Guess I need to get baking but can't since we're all on a diet from the baking I've been doing the past year.
The WOW cake is the Rebecca Rather White on White cake. The link to the recipe is the bakespace link on page one of this thread. I'd post it for you again, but I can't figure out how to do so.
The WOW recipe is my favorite vanilla cake recipe as well. I, too, had difficulty with it, but was determined to make it work because it just tastes so darn good. I got a few tips from Snarkybaker. She uses a modified version of this recipe in her bakery that she says has almost a "cult like following". I'll quote from the message she sent me: "We bake everything to temperature. We use instant read therma pens to take the temperature of our cakes and don't pull them...