Posts by vicki3336

I'm a little reticent to answer this since the last time I answered a question about how long I kept something, I was informed how wrong I was to do so. But, since I hate to see you go unanswered, here goes:I, personally, have frozen royal icing for over three months and used it after thawing with no problems. I don't know about leaving it on the counter more than a week as I haven't done that. Hopefully, someone who has will come along to help.
Thank you all for your input. FromScratchSF: That's interesting about the Callebaut blocks because that is exactly how I purchased it from a high end market. It was the taste of that white chocolate that was the impetus for this thread. It never occurred to me that it could be bad. Just checked the label and there is no date on it.
Jules: I'm planning to make the Bluehue's white chocolate mud cake recipe that was in the Mud Cake scratch off. Here's the recipe:Shared by Bluehue250g butter250g white chocolate1 1/2 cups sugar200mls water.......Melt all of these together in a saucepan.......then1 cup SR flour...sifted1 3/4 cup plain flour...sifted2 eggs...1/2 cup sourcreamAND I ADD I TEASPOON OF VANILLA PASTE - WHICH WASN'T IN THE ORIGINAL RECIPE.,,,,makes a differance -......Mix into chocolate...
I'm planning to make a white chocolate mud cake and since I am relatively new to the world of high end ingredients, I bought some Valrhona, Green and Blacks, Callebaut and Guittard. While the Valrhona and Green and Black's taste is pleasant and smoothe, the Guittard didn't seem to have much flavor and the Callebaut, in my opinion, just didn't taste good. I know that my taste buds are slowly changing from being exposed to finer ingredients and perhaps are not where they...
I participated in the chocolate cake scratch off and baked a version of the Hershey's chocolate cake (called Wicked Wanda's). Only a VERY slight difference in the recipe. No one in my family liked it at all. I was very surprised as that cake always gets good reviews. Upon further consideration, however, it seems that those who love that cake use high quality cocoa and use sour cream as well. Anyway, my point is that there isn't a cake out there that everyone will...
I chose #1 because I think the face is adorable. Plus....I just like pink! (Said as the only female in a home full of boys)
Ladybug #1 gets my vote!
I wish I could help but I don't know how to do it either. I just hated seeing you going unanswered. I always end up emailing the picture to myself from my iphone and then posting from my computer.
First off, I don't sell my cakes but I do have a business degree and ran the business side of my late husband's business. My thinking may be way off, but I think that the total cost of creating a product (including overhead/taxes, etc.) is only part of the equation. IMHO, you can conclude your MIMIMUM price from these figures, but if the market will bear a higher price for a particular item, why not? Especially for unique items like a carved cakes. Knowing what others...
To me, Crave Cupcakery sounds more hip and urban; Suzie's Cupcakery sounds more friendly and personal. Either one is fine but I guess it depends on what you want your business "personality" to be.