Posts by vicki3336

duplicate post
Hi all! I can't tell you how glad I am this got started. I have been wanting to try scratch baking (I've only baked carrot cake from scratch in the past) and this was the nudge I needed to get started. I signed up to make three cakes, but due to an illness in the family, I had to go out of town and only baked two cakes just last night...the WBH gold cake and the new Sylvia Weinstock yellow cake.Sylvia Weinstock's Yellow Cake (new version): I was so excited to try this...
I thought I posted this, but must have PM'd it to you instead. I'm such a newbie, lol. Just in case I was unsuccessful in getting it to you, I'll repost.The recipe is a tweaked version of the "Best Carrot Cake Ever" recipes from Allrecipes submitted by Nan:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Carrot-Cake-Ever/Detail.aspxI will asterisk what I've changed. sugar (*1 cup brown and 1/2 cup white) vanilla extract (*1 Tablespoon) pineapple, drained (*put pineapple tidbits in food...
I went through this in February for a close friend's birthday. I tweaked recipes for about three weeks, making seven or eight cakes until I came up with what I believe is the best carrot cake recipe (for my tastes anyway). Everyone at the party said it was the best carrot cake they had ever had (but, really, knowing how hard I worked on it, what else would they say?). It has pineapple, walnuts and raisins in it; I know some don't like those things in their carrot cake,...
That's great! Congratulations! I love it when hard work and perseverence pay off
Great American Cakes by Barbara Kafka giraffe11 Lita's Yellow Cake Recipe LostBaker,edit, notapro, Sylvia Weinstock's Classic Yellow Cake Recipe giraffe11, Lita829, CakeandDazzle , TheCasualKitchen Sylvia's for Dummies (K8's easier variation of the above)___________ Ceshell's Not So Lemon Lemon Cake from Magnolia Bakery LostBaker mla Lita 829 , Paula Deen's 1234 cake - maryjsgirl, notapro Whimsical Bakehouse Gold Cake edit ceshell.. vicki3336All-Purpose Buttery Yellow Cake...
Are we going to be "assigned" which recipes to try?
I'd love to participate in this as well. I don't care which recipe(s) I use...I've never baked a scratch yellow cake and would love to try. I will certainly be able to comment with authority if the recipes are foolproof..
Could you use rolled buttercream for the box and lid and gelatin for the tissue paper (like in the gelatin flowers and bows in the tutorial on the How Do I forum)? Just a thought...
AuntEm: I saw the article in the Potpourri - it was great! I live in Magnolia as well. Is our rep on board? Is there anything needed here?