Posts by Dinny2222

Does anyone know if you can use Dixie's premade icing under fondant? I asked her and she said she has heard people have done it but she hasn't herself. I have a big cake to make and wanted to use the icing and not make my own but want to be sure it will do ok. Anyone used it or know for sure?Thank you thank you thank you so much!
Thank you so much TexasSugar!
can't find the sps info from Leah... really interested in trying.. can someone help me locate it?Thank you
It took forever for me to get my copy. I ordered from Amazon and it did not say it was coming from overseas... took about a month to get it. I ordered it 3 weeks before I was out of town for 2 months.. Came in when I was gone so I didn't get to see my book for 3 months after ordering. That is my only complaint though
I did get mine at Amazon...
Has anyone tried the recipes in this book? I just bought this book and LOVE it but was wondering if the cakes tasted any good. Anyone know?
Thank you for your response. I just can't get this icing smooth. I think I am going to give up on it and try another buttercream. Everyone likes the flavor but hard for me to work with
Can anyone tell me if you can use fondant over the Whimsical Bakehouse Buttercream? I have a batch made that I used for just a buttercream cake but now I have a cake I have to put fondant on and I don't know if it will work. I am use to buttercreams that crust. Any help is really appreciated. Need to work on this today so a quick answer is sooooo needed!Thank you
5 days in frig.... have to throw it out... just thought I would post in case anyone else wanted to know.
I have a can of sweetened condensed milk that expires nov. 2009. I opened it in April and used a small amount. Covered the can and put in the fridge. I only need another small amount and was wondering if I can use from this can. Have some filling and need to do today so do I have to run to store or is all well? Thanks so much for looking and I appreciate the expert help