Posts by itsasweetthing

I'd go with chocolate as a filling!
HiJust rub a tiny amount of shortening on the area, then gently rub off the shortening and it will look good as new!
Yep, they are all there. I noticed this quite a while ago and so am reluctant to post. Even your comments on others cake pictures are there as well.I have been told that anything that you do on the internet will be found or is available for others to view.....
If I move my wedding cake or tiered cake separately, I just use reg fitted cake boxes.If it is all assembled (2tiers) While holding the top/lid of the box up, I staple the sides. This now looks like a clam shell. Then close the front and insert the flaps as usual. Then I use 2 sheets of plastic wrap with a couple pce's of tape to cover the open front. The back is standing up to support the wrap away from the cake and the cake drum/board keeps the cake from touching...
Wow, what nice ideas. Thanks everyone!Well, it's a long story, so I'll give you the short of it. This was my fathers second marriage and it didn't work out so his wife took off with my 2 half sisters and went into hiding for the past 21 yrs.Over the past 21 yrs I had searched phone books, called telephone directories, extended family, libaray/city directories, wrote letters and then copy & pasted the same letter to dozens of people on Face Book.....Nothing ever came up so...
Hi everyone,I have a very special reason to be "Thankful this Thanksgiving"after finding my long lost sister (21yrs later).Please help, I would love to make her a special cake this weekend when we first meet again...any ideas?
I have learned that this is because of the moisture in the cake. If you take your cake out of the fridge at least 1 hour before covering with fondant, this helps. I am assuming that you have also crumb coated your cake before refrigeration too.When these bubbles come up for me, I just poke a tiny hole with a toothpick, press the air out with my smoother and then fill hole with royal icing.Hope that helps !
You are really your own worst critic. I can totally understand, us cake artists are perfectionists as we want to do our best always.With each cake I have done I have taught myself something new with my own critisism. My husband tells me (after I complain about something that I could have or should have done better or differently) that it's always something that NO ONE ELSE WOULD EVER NOTICE. Except for another cake artist, of course. Be proud, you are talented. Besides,...
Just a thought....how about making your light house with an edible image of a real light house and then cut in out after sticking it to a thin layer of gumpaste. Once it is dry, you can then put a loly stick on the back to make it stand up on your cake.With some chocolate seashells and some graham wafer crumbs for the sand, there you have a beautiful cake!Just a thought.....
I have all three as well...love 'em.I am hoping it'll be the cookbook/how to book that I suggested. It'd be great to have it on hand in the kitchen.....with pictures and all!!! Hint hint! LOLThanks for all your help Sharon