Posts by FullHouse

MBalaska, Not sure if you are referring to me or one of the other talented designers in this thread.  If it is me, THANK YOU!!!!!!  I will be keeping my Facebook page.  For now, my website still has the gallery, but I have removed all pricing, lessons and ordering info :).
There are so many posts here that make me think CC definitely needs a like button! 
Thanks, again to the continued support.  Rohini, I found that because my busiest days were Fri & Sat, it cut way too much into family time.  Friday nights is when my husband is home by a decent time and we like to just kick back and relax together.  Doing cakes meant, he had to juggle the kids evening routines and dinner.  Saturdays meant sometimes missing their games and always meant no last minute day or overnight trips.  For me, it just isn't worth the extra income. ...
Wow, I don't know how you are even able to accommodate 1 order a week with a full time job and a family.  Good for you for knowing your limits and sticking to them.
Thanks for the support and well wishes.    Debby, I feel the exact same way.  Best of luck to you as well.  I am also keeping my corporation and license, and possibly the web page in case I want or need to start up again in the very distant future.  My youngest is 4, so it would be quite a while, but keeping the corporation is easy enough :).
I have decided to close my business.  Things are just too busy, I have 4 kids and hate all the time that I am missing with them.  I am tired of telling them "Not now, I'm working on a cake."  I am tired of missing some of their activities because I have to work and I am stressed about the family responsibilities that I have started to let slide.  It had come to the point where I just dreaded having a busy week with the business because I am always worried about which...
I've use Magic Line 2" pans (love them).  I use all sizes often, including 5", 7", 9" & 11"
Not sure, since I let the conversation die there, but her words  "I saw the law it is allowable to do so with cakes as long as you do not charge for the fondant characters".  I'm guessing she was trying to say I could charge her for the cake and not the figures on it, however that would either be giving away work for free (which is never going to happen) or playing with semantics and incorporating the cost of the figures into the cake, which could easily be proven was...
I had an inquiry for a cake with copyrighted images.  I gave the same answer I always do, that it is illegal however I would be happy to come up with design options that incorporate the theme.  She argued that it is not illegal, that there are plenty of online photos from other bakers that do it.  I responded that they are either unaware of the law or chose not to follow it, but that my bakery has made the business decision to follow copyright laws and am sorry that we...
The them sure, the fee is $xxx