Posts by ljslight

I always throw away my egg yolks from a white cake order. What do you do with left over egg yolks?? It would be nice to put them to use elsewear.
I used the blue diamonds for a wedding cake. I added them to the cake the day of the wedding. About 8 to 10 before the wedding and they looked good!
I used the blue diamonds for a wedding cake. I added them to the cake the day of the wedding. About 8 to 10 before the wedding and they looked good!
I was wondering the same thing.
I used my pearl mold with yellow fondant and smashed them down to look like corn. I put them on a stick of fondant. The leaves I did free hand and put lines in them to look like real leaves on the cob.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2148687I got 1st place at the Iowa State fair with a cake with corn on it.
instead of butter try oil.
I have put FBT on the side of a cake and it worked just fine.
I did a joke cake at work one day. I took foam, like foam bought at a hobby shop for seat cushions, and glued them together. I traced around a cake pan and cut the foam. Then I glued it to a cake board. I then put chocolate frosting on it and decorated it real nice. The frosting smelled wonderful, so they taste buds watered when you smelled the "cake". I placed a butter knife by the cake. It is a hoot to see people try to cut it. They can't cut it with a butter knife.
I use powered buttermilk. It keeps in the ice box for a long time. I find it with the spices, cake mixes, flour and sugar isle. It works really well. I have found I like it better than the real buttermilk for flavor.
They look great. Do you have a cake circut?