Posts by lanana

Cut a circle of fondant big enough to cover at least half of the cake. Now with a nice knife cutter, and randomly, cut the circle in large rounded zig-zags like if you were trying to cut out a big flower (do you get the idea?) now is time to smooth those edges!!! You can use a ball tool or your own fingers with a little bit of shortening so your fingers wont stick to it. Then just brush some water on your cake and stick your topper piece. It will look like dripping...
I have made about 3 cakes on that Tiffany theme. The best way to go on color is 1 part teal/2 parts sky blue. I used Wilton. I went online and checked Tiffany's page so I can have a better idea of their palette. Then suddenly and luckily, I received a Tiffany's catalogue (wrongly delivered to me) so I keep it as reference. HTH.
No se en que parte del mundo estas. Pero en las tiendas brasileras venden brigadeiro en lata marca nestle. Es super delicioso. Lo tienen de leche, chocolate y coco. Yo lo mesclo con dulce de leche y es perfecto incluso para rellenar un cake.
1: good cake board 2:bench scraper 3:good all butter buttercream (forget about nasty crisco buttercream) 4: upside down technique It works perfectly. !!!
I try to do tasting on the same week I am actually baking. So they will get whatever flavor I might have for that week. So it is actually fresh. Of course i always ask what flavor they don't like at all, and try to stay away from that one. I bake 4" cakes only 2 or 3 with different fillings. I get nice cute boxes for lil cakes so they can try cakes at home. Never in front of me. That is a free consultation and tasting. But I am thinking to start charging something. It is...
If the customer starts by saying: "I tried this cake somewhere, and I want you to make that same cake flavor, blah blah blah... You must say, I am sorry but I have my own flavors, I have tried them , i love them, those are the one that works for me, If you would like to try MY flavors great!, otherwise go to that other bakery and order your cake with them. That exactly happened to me, and because I was just starting my business, blah blah ... then I let that bride do what...
For most states where the cottage food law applies, home bakers have to:inform their customers they are home based bakers by placing stickers or business card etc with such information "bake good produced at a non inspected kitchen" along with business address. As a customer I have the decision of where I want to get my order from. they cannot sell perishable products, fillings, frosting etc they cannot sell more than certain amount of total gross per year. I believe...
share please!!! I asked my DH about getting it, but as soon I mentioned the price he said: are you completely nuts?
there is also sandwich cookie called Alfajor, from south america. It is filled with dulce de leche. I squeeze it and try to stain the border with the dulce de leche and then roll the border on grated coconut. It is the best!!! Our version can be whoopie pie with dulce de leche filling, what do u guys think??
alternate layers or one atop of the other, still yummm. I love it wit vanilla cake, but with chocolate cake is amazing!!!!