Posts by Cakery

I do have a seperate land line for just my cake shop. I do know of a couple other decorators who use a cell phone for their shop only. So I think it just depends on what you would want to do....and expence. Some phone companys will charge you quite a bit for a BUSINESS line. I got around that route and just got a regular line.....and then ran a small add in the yellow pages with that number for my shop.
I'm laughing....but not really....as this happened to me recently this past summer. The bride came in with her WHOLE family to do the tasting. She had told me she was coming and her fella (as she put it)....well, the car drives up to my shop....out comes 6 people!!! No the "fella" couldn't make it...so she brought, Mom, Dad....2 sisters, her MIL....and her soon to be SIL...instead. They all tried the small cupcakes I had made up and she took 6 with her for her FELLA! ...
As mentioned.....I do have a tutorial that I don't mind sharing with those who need it for doing 2 flavors in a sheet cake. Just drop me a note to my regular e-mail address: dianescakery@charter.net Glad to help out.Diane
I have a separate kitchen/shop from my home. I had to have a grease trap...required by my health dept. I do have a drain board area as well...but this too was required....as when I wash up everything.. it has to be stacked in the dish drainer on the drain board area. I think it will depend on what is required with your health dept. and your state. The grease can be a major issue on your home pipes and drains. My grease trap is a smaller one...and it fits under my sink...
Same scam has been going on for quite some time. I had them try to con me back in the spring....but I knew what it was....and our local newspaper did a whole article about me and the scam to warn others in our areas. Not only do they try to scam small cake business's.....but all types of SMALL business. They will target t-shirt print shops, small bakeries, small frame business's.....any place they can try to get a much larger order than normal. They prey on thinking...
And we decorator's wonder why they have the show BRIDEZILLA'S on tv....what will it be like when these little girls are getting married. I don't know about anyone else....but I have also had so many TIERED styled 10 to 13 year old cakes lately!!! It does make you wonder where it will all head???
In fact....the 3 employees that work for her (ME, MYSELF AND I) have threatened to go on strike....many a time. So yes...she can be a big B at times....LOL! Isn't it fun that we can laugh at ourselves though.....and have a forum like this to share stuff.....many of our family can't relate at all to our "BATTERED MINDS"!!!!!!!
Ummm.....NO! LOL
Actually....my BOSS IS A REAL *&$#@!! You should see the dirty looks she gives me at times when I pass the mirror.....so she's the mean one! ROFLOL
I'm all for that sort of thing and could see where someone could really do a killer business with holding decorating parties....or a place in the shop to do that sort of thing.....but not back in the area where you bake and decorate for your business and other customers orders. This lady was just being a pain in the rear.....she only wanted to hear what she wanted to hear....AND IT WAS NONE OF WHAT I TOLD HER....LOL! I went as far as to tell her that I didn't have the...