Posts by Rowena1957

Everytime I try to make gumpaste flowers I color the gumpaste and then it gets so dry it cracks and is hard to roll out, and the flowers fall apart. What am I doing wrong? Please any advice I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thank You
I was asked to make a three tiered round wedding cake 14, 10 and 6 inches with buttercream icing, gumpaste flowers buttercream filling. How much would you charge for a cake this size.Thank YouRowena
I am from Indiana. Thank you for all your comments, I think I'm going to try Indydebi's's butttercream recipe. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.Thank YouRowena
I have a outdoor wedding coming up June 26th, I have never made a cake for an outdoor wedding, will buttercream hold up to warm temperature's? should I put meringue powder in it?I need all the help I can get.Thank YouRowena
Does anyone have a good recipe for carmel cake?
I've done both, I have bake a cake let it cool wrapped it in saran wrap and the in aluminum foil and put it in the freezer for a couple of days, one time I had one in the freezer for a month took it out and decorated it and it was very moist and good. Then one time I baked a cake icing it with buttercream and decorated it with royal flowers and had to freeze it for a week and you couldn't tell that is was any different then a freshly baked cake.
Are these the same as hidden pillars?
I have never tried push in pillars. Can someone tell me how to use them?
I have a wedding cake to make at the end of September and I need all the help I can get on making fall leaves. Does anyone have any ideas ?
No I'm not the Rowena of pattern master softeware. I had the kind of sifter you where you turn the handle and the bottom came apart. I saw on t.v. someone using the mesh strainer, so I tried that and it goes faster.