Posts by sbcakes

ooooohhhhhh!!! Flipping it on your hand would make sense!!! Thanks, I will have to try this again, I will freeze overnight and try the parchment paper! You gals are swell!
OK, I made a FBCT using the recipe in the recipe forum. I did however add some water to it, because it looked too thick? Anyway, I let it freeze for a few hours and went to apply to my cake. I pressed and smoothed with my hands and when I went to peel off, only some the transfer stuck to the cake. The rest stayed on the wax paper. The other thing was that the wax paper messed up the icing on the cake? All that work...good thing it was just a cake for fun for my...
Thank you...I think I get it...lol!!! All of the dusts just confuse me. I will play around and hopefully it will all come to me!
I think so...So I can use the super pearl on any color fondant and it will give the fondant that shimmery look, without changing the fondant color? I can just dust in on dry? When do you liquify it?
Could someone explain to me how I use luster dust on fondant? I have seen pictures of the fondant bows and other accents that have the silky shiny look to it? I have the super pearl luster dust. Will this work with any color fondant, or do I have to but that color luster dust that the fondant is?Thanks!!!
Has anyone ever made a frosting with a peachy type flavor? I had a bride request a frosting that has peachy flavor, she said even peach chunks? Is this even possible. I was thinking of just chopping up some canned peaches into my buttercream? Any ideas or recipes to share?sbcakes@ptd.net
Has anyone ever done a dessert bar wedding? I have a consult scheduled in two weeks for a couple who doesn't want a cake, but a dessert bar instead. Any suggestions about what to serve, how much to charge, or any insight at all?Thanks so much!sbcakes@ptd.net
I am looking for a pedestal cake stand that can hold a 16" round, 4tier cake. Do you know where I can find one. I can't seem to find one anywhere. I this because it is too much cake to be on a pedestal stand? My husband said that maybe he can make one from wood, but I am a little unsure about it...any insight?
Does anyone know what is the difference between the Ateco silicone work mat and the Ateco Fondant work mat? Are they both the same thing except for the ruler markings?
Has anyone ever done a dessert bar wedding. I have a consult scheduled in two weeks for a couple who doesnt want a cake, but a dessert bar instead. Any suggestions about what to serve, how much to charge, or any insight at all?Thanks so much!sbcakes@ptd.net