Posts by sbcakes

I order my satin ice through CK Products. It is $43 for a 20 lb bucket, $12 for 5 lbs and $5.40 for 2 lbs. You do need to establish a business account with them...but it is way worth it. You also have to place a minimum order of $100 with them...but I usually don't have a problem doing that... If I need fondant quick, I order through Pheil & Holing, they are much quicker, but a bit more expensive!
I am so disappointed...I got a call for a cake order for a 21st birthday. I'm thinking-yeah, we can have some fun on this cake...............not exactly. The mom says that the napkins she bought have balloons with musical notes on it and she would like the cake to have something like that too. It is for a 10" round cake. I personally think that balloons for a 21 year old is a little weird, but I just make the cake!!! Anyone have some cool ideas of what I could do? Thanks!
I am so disappointed...I got a call for a cake order for a 21st birthday. I'm thinking-yeah, we can have some fun on this cake...............not exactly. The mom says that the napkins she bought have balloons with musical notes on it and she would like the cake to have something like that too. It is for a 10" round cake. I personally think that balloons for a 21 year old is a little weird, but I just make the cake!!! Anyone have some cool ideas of what I could do? ...
I make cupcakes, using my leftover batter from my cakes. I freeze them. When I have a consult, I thaw, then remove the cupcake paper, cut in half, fill, and place in the silicone cupcake things. I put a swirl of icing and a fondant flower on all of them. They look so cute when they are all done. I make two of each flavor and give them forks. Sometimes, I place a heart shape cookie on the top with their monogram. They love that!!!
Brandisbaked...you are too funny!
I currently off free cake tasting consults. I let them taste 2-3 different flavors at the consult. This past year I averaged about 50 consults, and I got like 38 bookings. Latly, for some reason, the past 3 or 4 consults i did, they didn't book yet...they want to think about it. I really have been considering applying a $25 consult fee too...it is a lot of work to prepare, and get our house ready. And my husband has to get rid of my three young children while I do the...
Actually, they just want to make sure you are a REAL business...in home or not. You just have to provide proof that you are a legitimate business. Like a business listed phone number, etc.
I have some step by step instructions on how i did my castle cake. it is in my photos. if you would like me to send them to you, just let me know.
I agree!
hmmm...??? I am not sure what else to say to try! I guess fondant?