Posts by Ritakk

I've been asked to replicate the icing look on this cake.  Is it me or is this the simplest thing?  Is there a twist or knack for making this horizontal look on a round wedding cake 3 tiers? It just looks too simple to me. :)   http://www.pinterest.com/pin/188306828143970336/
RJHRN, Which ones were you looking at could you post the direct link for me to look at?  This cake will be done with buttercream, not fondant.  I will use the cutters basically as an outline to pipe the outlines and fill.  Thank you, Rita
Thanks for the help, I find myself stressing bad over this cake...the cutters I have found that would work (thanks for the link) are way more expensive than I can do.... This is a friends daughter and I've already priced this cake at $200.00 but now I'm afraid I cannot replicate it for that cost.   Do any of you have any suggestions I could tell her, maybe pick a 2nd or 3rd cake she likes and go from there and hope there is one I can swing more easily?  I'm really...
I have been asked to make this cake in White and Corral, I need some advice on how the paisleys were done, do you think they are hand drawn or is there a pattern somewhere I can get to use on this cake?  Thanks in Advance!  Oh and I am afraid the coral will not stand out on this cake like it does in black and white, what are you're thoughts!     Also What would you charge for the cake?  I am assuming it is double layers on each tier?  Thanks again you gals/guys...
Unfortunately Jackie the only picture I found, I found at work and now I am unable to find it... It's basically a sunflower but larger fat-er petals. Not 3d. Just want dried so I can kinda tilt them on the cupcake... does that make since? I picture it in my head though...I think I'm going to try and use Royal Icing tomorrow and see how they come out though.Rita
I know you all know your stuff, and could probably answer this question quicker than I can google for 2 days! I have a 60 cupcake order next weekend... she requested pastel colored smooth icing on the cupcakes, and 70's loopy flowers and butterflies.... I am probably going to do fondant butterflies, but how in the heck do I make 70's loopy flowers that will stand up? Do I try using a royal icing recipe? do I leave the middle loops open or flood them in? She is wanting...
I am driving myself crazy! I've been googling most of 2 days now looking for a greaseproof white cupcake liner that will still be white and not soak up any cake oil, butter etc... I need them for regular size cupcakes...If someone could please tell me where to get these or how you present them in white liners, please, please show me the way! Or even a light pink greaseproof liner would work too! I really would like to have Light pink and white ones... all I can find...
Thank you I will check out the link!
I have an order for a baby shower for cupcakes. This is the picture the future grandmother sent me... can someone tell me what kind of frosting is used here? It doesn't look like buttercream, almost looks like royal icing??? Thanks for everyones help.
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed! I really appreciate you sharing it with us. Ritakk