Posts by ccarroca

Looking to make both an Italian rum cake and a strawberry filled sponge cake with whipped cream. You know those cakes you get at Italian bakeries? How are they doing that yummy cream. I whip my heavy cream pretty stiff and add in my powdered sugar and vanilla, but something isn't right. Do I HAVE to use a stabilized whipped cream recipe. I have never tried one and maybe that is the difference. Any input would be helpful - THANKS
ditto on the cold. Not freezing cold. The edges stay crisper.
I just made ghiradelli's devil's food cake tonight - LOL. I am salivating the crumbs are even so moist and delicious. I am making a whipped ganache for the inside and a ganache for the outside. I never could figure out the whole toothpick thing. What i did/do is giggle the pan. If it is solid and doesn't move, I lightly touch the middle. If it springs back with light pressure then its done. DONT open and close your oven too much or you will run into trouble there too....
Can you use chocolate chips or does it have to be the bars? I heard there is a difference. I am making a ganache cake for my husbands bday and he only likes milk chocolate.
I've never heard of a crusting cream cheese, but let me see....do you have 1 pound of ps for every c of fat?? The cc should count toward the fat too. Start from there....
I feel so blessed to have found this website. You are all so kind and helpful and I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!!!!and now...OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! I just made a Wasc cake. Tweaked it a little. I did:2 boxes PILLSBURY white2 c ap BLEACHED flour2 c sugar1/2 cup lemon juice1 1/2 c water1/4 c oil6 whole ex large eggs - lightly beaten2 c sour cream (this was a happy accident - supposed to be 1)1/2 t fine grated lemon rind1 t lemon OIL not extract or...
If you go to you tube. There are a few videos on doing your own wedding cake. Check it out!
What kind of cake - formal or informalWhat about the wilton precovered foundation pieces. They are pretty hefty.
Do you all really like the fruit sleeves?? Maybe its the brand I got. It is called red raspberry and I think it is used for pastries and danishes. It has a lot of "stuff" in it. I was going to use fresh, but I really wanted to leave it out for a day or two. I am also using sugarshacks bc mixed with either lemon oil or lemon curd if I have to refrig.My question is do you all like the taste - haven't opened it yet and ..Is yours thick. I'm nervous that even if I dam it it...
Yum, Yum, Yummo. So glad I tried it. I am enjoying it right now!!!! I used the wedding bouquet flavoring with butter flavor from wilton, (2 and 1). I swear there was butter in there. Used the generic 2g shortening and it worked great! SO good with my luscious lemon cake!!!