Posts by idgalpal

The flowers look like ranunculus to me. Peonies are more frilly.
I made a margarita cake with a piñata several years ago. The stem of the glass was PVC pipe with a PVC coupler glued onto the pipe and rkt shaped over it to resemble the base of the glass. The actual cake on a cake board sat on top of that. It should still be in my pix
I don't think there's any need to freeze them.
I use a drywall taping knife from the hardware store.
I use a drywall taping knife from the hardware store.
I do not think you can get a similar look using buttercream. If the bride picked out the cake with the fondant ruffles then I think she will be disappointed if you try to do it in buttercream. It will not look the same.
I did one last summer. It was about 3 feet tall. I also supplied additional 'filled puffs'  to meet the # of servings needed. MimiFix gives good advice to make at least one ahead of time to give you a sense of what's involved and how long it will take. I had a problem making the spun sugar. It cools and hardens so quickly, I had two batch going at a time to build the croquembouche. I also used a dowel in the middle, it probably wasn't necessary, but it gave me a center...
I use 100% fondant, pop the mold in the freezer fro a few minutes and I've never had a problem with cracking
I googled "Flat silver dragees" and came up with a source in the UK "thecakedecoratingcompany.com"
I'd have her set the figures when she arrives. I'm not sure I'd freeze the cake, but I'd definitely have it chilled in the refrigerator.I guess if you freeze it or not depends on what its frosted with to a degree, Hope that helps!