Posts by scrapperjade

Oh YAY! I am so glad to hear that! I know it's silly, but I really have a hard time trying to scrape down the sides of my bowl without making a mess. I thought that I heard angels singing when I first saw this scraper, and I MUST HAVE IT, lol!!
Does anyone have any information on these? I really want one (would make my life a little easier), but I can't find out if they will fit my mixer. I have a 4.5 qt mixer, and I saw one ad saying that they are for 4.5 & 5qt (Amazon), but other sites say it's for 5 & 6 qt mixers. Does anyone know FOR SURE, whether it will fit my 4.5 or not?? Thanks so much!
This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to get to people's galleries to see their cakes!! Help!
Thank you for your links! But I'm looking for an actual supplier, or someone that sells them without the mark-up, so no Etsy sellers (since then I have to pay outrageous shipping for being in Canada).
Hi all! I hope that this post isn't off topic too much, and that I am allowed to post it. Mods - if you feel it's inappropriate, please feel free to delete!   I am on the hunt for retro popcorn bags for a customer, and I can't find them anywhere! I would like to stock them in my shop for other customers as well, so I want a large quantity, like a bulk order. I've searched numerous times, and can't find a supplier anywhere - I just get links to Etsy shops or party...
Your final cake looked awesome!! Great save!   So, what did the bride think? Did she love it??
I am a SAHM right now, and am not planning on returning to work (outside the home, that is) if I can help it. I have been throwing around - in my head - the idea of selling cupcakes for a couple of years, but am just now starting to think about it more seriously.Nothing is really written in stone at this point. It's just an idea that is beginning to blossom. But I need help with seeing the "reality" of owning a home based cupcake shop. It's easy to get wrapped up in the...
I'm fairly new to making royal icing (I'm just a home baker, I don't sell my baked goods), and I wanted to make some iced sugar cookies.I followed a recipe that called for Meringue powder... It turned out really good, tasted great, I was really happy with it. Until it dried. It took a LONG time, it stayed tacky on top for pretty much an entire day. Finally it dried, but it was flaky and had a crystal-y texture. It also went from shiny & pretty to really dull & flat...
Hi all! I have a quick question about how to organize my baking items! I'm a complete newbie still, but things are adding up fast. I have a lot of items in my Wilton Ultimate kit that will stay in there, but I want to know what to do with all the things that won't fit in there.How do you keep your cookie cutters organized? Your little tools? Icing colors? Sprinkles & small candies? All that good stuff!I need a system before I get too much stuff & have it become...
I love your little ewe! Totally adorable! And what a fun proposal!!