Posts by countrybee

I live in a rural area and most of my business is word of mouth. I'm planning to promote my home business at a local booth sale. I plan to have a decorated cake and ask people to put their name and phone number in a pot and the winner will get the cake later in the day. I wanted to make samples of a couple of the cakes I do. I'm thinking if I do a sheet cake and cut the sample pieces the cake itself will dry out throughout the day. The event is 9-4. The other idea I had...
Well I did it!!!! First of all this was the first tiered cake for me. I always use a seperate plate stand. So that was the first challenge. 2nd, I drove this cake 100 miles one way. 3rd, cutting the holes so the tea lights would not slide off the cake and catch the place on fire!!! It was an old historical home that the reception was in. Also, had to deal with the home being unlevel...with a cake, bad combination. I have pictures posted under Round Butter cream. Take a...
THanks for all the ideas and suggestions....I am forwarding them to the bride, to help my case.TexasRose, I live in Bandera which is 45 min. NW of San Antonio and I will be traveling with this cake to Poth!!! THank goodness the cake will be indoors, so that is a plus!!
I have a bride wanting a two layer wedding cake, she would like tea lights embedded in the bottom tier, the candle style. She wants to use tea cups with candles inside so I know I would have to cut out the cake for wholes to hold the cups...Has anyone ever done something like this? We live is South Texas, the wedding is in August and I am already worried about buttercream icing in the heat without adding direct heat. Basically she is wanting a victorian style cake. Any...
I actually had 3 family members that went and paid for classes because they were tired of paying me do cakes. They got such a bad instructor that after every class they would call me to clarify what they didn't understand. I told them they should have just paid me to teach them and then they would have known how to decorate.