Posts by jojocakes

Where can I get Choco-Pan and Fondarific? Oh, and what does MMF mean? Please excuse my ignorance but I'm still fairly new.
Thank you guys for sharing!
I just want to start by thanking everyone who takes the time to help out here on CC. I don't know what I'd do without ya'll. Now, I have an order for some chocolate cake truffles (which I found a great recipe here on CC for. again thanks!). The customer needs to feed about 20 people so she asked for 40 truffles. I told her I would look into it and get back to her with a price ( which I was previously advised here on CC.) But I don't exactly know how to price 40 individual...
Thanks Lu, as you can see I am new to this posting thing and this is actually the first thread I have followed. It really had me excited and anxiously waiting (I liked that and thank you for that). Although I have to say-some of you guys made me question ever posting a thread. I just want to commend Lu for how she handled it in the end. Thank you for answering the questions for those who patiently waited in suspense. That story that you just shared made the waiting all...
OMG!! It is now 6:30 pm here in Corpus Christi, TX. I'm so excited to find out all the results. I hope it's not going to be to much longer. I am definitely one of those that is sitting on the edge of my chair.
Well...I definitly learned my lesson, and from now on I will do as you said and get back to them with a fair price. Great advice...Thank you!!!
CakeDiva73--Thats where I made the mistake "In the details and decorations". For the $75 dollars I quoted her I should of just done all the details in buttercream.
Thanks Everyone! I now have more of an idea of how to price my cakes. As for the questions from Rocketgirl899, I did'nt really know how to price so I would just added about $20-$40 on to my materials bill. I'm still kinda new to this so I felt kinda guilty charging more. But the more cakes I do the better I get and I feel now I'm starting to produce really nice cakes (stuff you can't get from a local grocery store or even some bakery's) and everyone seems to be amazed at...
Could somebody please help me figure out how much I should charge for a custom B-day cake. I am now starting to make cakes for customers who are not related to me and I don't know what to charge. My husband feels as though I work to long and to hard just to under price the cake. Well, this customer wanted a B-day cake for her daughter and her Thialand xchange student who are turning 17. She asked for a full sheet cake with the american and thialand flags, horses for her...