Posts by searge

this is something I plan to try soon, where did you get your kit? I' like to try airbrushing using stencils have you done this and how did it work out for you? thanks
Hey all! I've been practicing on making cookie bouquets and have a question about the best way to wrap them. Don't know if any of you have a Dollar "Tree' I found a wide assortment of treat bags for all seasons as well as birthdays. My problem with them is they are quite long and I wind up having to trim the bags then tie ribbons etc....around them. I recently tried using saran wrap and I must say that I like the way it molds itself to the shape of the cookie. When you...
Hey all,I've read a lot of posts on the plastic bottles for flooding etc..I have some but would love to have the ones you can put your tips on. We don't have any places close to where I live to get them anyone know any websites so that I don't have to search search search. I prefer spending more time here than "surfing" besides I don't have a board thanks
Hope this doesn't get a lot of negative response but I experimented with some left over dough just to see how it would do. As I was doing cookies rather that re-roll the scraps, I put them in a vacuum seal bag then sealed them up. I put them in the fridge and checked them after four weeks. They were fine. I won't try going past this point however. The other nice thing is that I save time without rolling the scraps when I'm making a large batch and the left over dough is...
Happy Holidays all I'm in dire need of some spritz cookie help. My husband bought me one of those battery operated cookie guns and I've been trying to make the spritz cookies with it. The recipe I used created nice soft dough(as recommended in the instructions) but no matter what I try I simply CAN NOT get the dough to release after pressing out the cookie. Any ideas? I've tried adding a bit more flour so it's not as "tacky" on the inside, floured the disc etc...nothing...
Don't take it to heart I have family who don't even ask me to make cakes for birthdays etc,,,and they're free!(and taste better to boot) I have been told that they prefer I take part in the celebration without having to work to be included. Perhaps that's the reason. Whatever it is, don't worry about it, You know your work is worthy, it's their loss if they miss the opportunity to sample the GOODS!! Take care, and chin up.Happy Holidays and God Bless."searge"
Hey from down south! My question is, Does anyone here sell their cookie bouquets and what avenues have you taken to get them out there? I have just started making them and "luckily" they've all turned out well. I could really use the money as I am now disabled, but can do this task sitting down. I'd like to just make enough extra to put back for Christmas gifts etc....anyone selling them out of their home with any luck?HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YA'LL and may God Bless you with a...
thanks for such a quick reply Rosie, I'm going to give it a try. I did try the ganache myself once, and it worked o.k. but it seemed a little heavy for making a cookie bouquet which is what I'm going to attemp for my first time. Just wondered if anyone else had done it and how it worked. Also for everyone who uses fondant. I tried the cream cheese recipe I found here and it was great! I vacuum sealed the leftovers and chilled them and they were still good a week or so later.
Hi folks,I was browsing another website for cookies and for one cut out recipe it was recommended that the baking powder be omitted. It said this would give a "flatter" surface for decorating. Seems to me the cookies would be too dense, since they need to be cut a bit thicker for a cookie bouquet, which is what I'm making them for. It will be my first try and I plan to do them very soon. Anyone tried this idea? Also, has anyone used the "ganache" technique for icing...
Hey Gang!I'm new to the site as I've said before. I'd like to get the recipe for Toba's Glace. I've seen so many references to it, but when I try to search it out, I come up with ziltch. Probably not looking in the right place. Could someone please post it or give me directions to it, I'd like to look at it and see if it's something I'd like to try on my cookiesl '''''''''''''''''''''could someone can point me in the right directionl I've seen some really good reviews on...