Posts by thefrostedcakencookie

its funny you mentioned that. when the girls got home from the grandparents that weekend, the first think out of my oldest mouth was oooh mommy is that a dollhouse? so the hubby and i are thinking of using the template, just making it a little bigger, and making one out of mdf and painting it for christmas.for the gingerbread houses i saw a cutter set that looked really cool over at the ultimate gingerbread website that might work for you too. you could buy it or just...
so anyone out there working on the gingerbread house yet? just finished baking the house. it took 4 1/2 batches for this monstrosity. i sure hope its worth it. i think next year i'm going to scale back quite a bit.
this is the recipe i use and it hold up very well. our humidity ranges from 30% -100% (gotta love indiana weather)Loreta’s Favorite Gingerbread Dough5 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon salt2 teaspoons ginger2 teaspoons cinnamon1 teaspoon nutmeg1 teaspoon cloves1 cup shortening1 cup sugar1 ¼ cups molasses2 eggs, beaten In large saucepan, melt shortening on stove over low heat. While shortening is melting, in a separate bowl stir together flour, salt and spices (if...
i personally will let them set out for several hours without being refrigerated, but i don't leave them out overnight. i've read on several threads that some cream cheese icings are stable enough to stay out unrefrigerated because of the fat to sugar ratio, but i'm not sure if this one would qualify. you could always pm the original poster of the recipe and see if she knows. sorry i couldn't be more help.
they're ck (country kitchen) brand.
Thanks everyone!fiddlesticks- its a plastic fondant smoother (i'm hoping santa brings me a better smoother and better tools for christmas ).
I've had quite a few people ask me how i did my pumpkin pie cupcakes. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1286587 so instead of pm'ing everyone the instructions i figured it would be easier to just post them here.for the actual cupcake i came up with a variation of the kakeladi's original WASC.pumpkin Spice WASC variation 1 box spice cake mix1 cup all-purpose flour1 cup granulated sugar½ tsp salt3 eggs1 cup water1 cup sour cream1 cup...
do mean the the brand name or the big marshmallows? I pretty much only use the kraft jet puffed mini marshmallows, but i have used store brand with good results. i have used the large marshmallows (because hubby bought the wrong ones) and the fondant came out the exact same as with the mini's. HTH
no its the gingerbread recipe that i use that i attempted to translate into german. i probably should have left it to someone who had a tested one in german
hehe, same here. ever year i curse at it, but every year i continue to make them. i've had an old fashioned twist press and two newer, i think both wilton, models and i ALWAYS have that problem! if anyone has a trick to getting them out easier i would be forever in your debt