Posts by thefrostedcakencookie

i agree with it taking a little time for search engines to start picking up your site and i also definitely agree with advertising your blog! do you have a flickr account? if you load any of photos onto your blog you can go through flickr and not only is does it make things faster in the long run, but you can join caking groups and that can up the traffic a lot if you post your blog address in the pictures description.looks like i'm going to be up all night taking a peak...
My question is, why did she have you go searching for these pictures for her daughters cake? Are you her personal assistant? Why did she not look them up herself? Personally I think she may have been trying to get you to offer to make the cake. But really I wouldn't feel bad about it, I looked at your cakes and you do great work so if she wasn't fishing for a cake she may just be tight on budget or a whole list of other things could be the factor, just try not to take...
i've used both name brand and store brand and haven't noticed a difference between the two. i've also used the big ones (hubby bought the wrong ones) and they turned out fine, but i think the mini's melted faster. now saying that i usually buy the store brand, but only because i'm cheap .
hey mel and fiddlesticks i just had to pop in and say thanks for the comments on my teddybear cupcake . i was having a VERY bad day yesterday, and that gave me a much needed laugh. you gals are too funny!
i agree with the tapping on the counter and popping air bubbles. and if you are using a stand mixer don't mix on high speed. it will incorporate too much air into it. i usually just mix on medium and i never get the air bubbles. hth
well sadly she probably just tossed in the walmart name to get you to lower your price, because if she were to go to walmart and buy 140 cupcakes she would be spending around 94.00 if they were 7.99 per dozen, so you know she wouldn't be getting them cheaper there! i say keep with what you had originally quoted because you weren't the one that offered to make them but were asked to make them. and if she decides to go somewhere else, take in one of the cupcakes you made...
tried this and LOVED it can't believe i've waited so long. thanks so much for posting jeanne!!
IcedTea4Me2 - from personal experience, when i make say a head and try and form it into a ball and i then want to set it down if i'm using just straight mmf it tends to spread or deform because it is so soft, but if i use just straight gum paste i find that either i am just too slow or its the gum paste i use, but it cracks on me, which is why i use the mmf with gumpaste powder added because it gives me a longer window with drying time. as for the flowers i've never made...
i do! i started doing it on the counter too and hated having to clean up afterward! so i went out and bought myself the 8qt bowl. now i have 2 dishes to clean and no messy counters!!! (well 3 if you count the spoon, lol)as for the flowers i haven't really made any so i can't help you out there, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.
sorry one more thing. you can make up the gum paste as directed on the package and then use a 50/50 mixture of the gum paste and mmf and that works just as well too.