Posts by marriedtoagreek74

Oh, I forgot, I would never try to pipe with it, just need it to hold up between layers I'll give it another whirl!
Well from what I am seeing, part of the problem, even with normal cream cheese icing could be our cream cheese here! We only have it in the tub, it doesn't come in bricks. They do have a very large tub though with about 3.5 lbs of cream cheese and it seems a little drier than the other.I will give it another try, ugh!!!Thanks!
prterrell,Thanks for the info, so I won't continue to try!! Can you suggest a cream cheese frosting that is thick enough to hold up under layers? Even cream cheese frostings that I have made w/ powdered sugar seem to do the same, although not quite as bad. Thnks,Amy
Hi, I use a 1,2,3 (eggwhites, sugar, butter) ratio recipe for SMBC. It always works out for me unless I try to make it a cream cheese flavor by adding cream cheese. It becomes a runny mess that is useless and holds no shape between layers, but nice flavor.Does anyone have any help in what I can do to avoid this problem or does it just do that??Thanks,Amy
Thanks bisbqueenb, I guess I will mix it in a small bowl and then use. I was really stressing :0
Hi all,I have an airbrush, used it a few times, but have a ??? If the pink color that I have is too dark, can I add some white??? It's 9:15 at night here, so no option to buy more, any ideas what I can do??Thanks,Amy
When I can get Fondx, I always use it I have had problems like this before but never with Fondx, it was because of something that I did! I'm not that familiear with Pettinice though, only used it a couple of times for decorations.Amy
Hi all,I would like to make a Thomas the Tank cake for my godson's 4th b-day. He is absolutely crazy about him! I have seen the book on Amazon for about $60 but have seen what's in it from her website and don't know that I would make any other cakes in there. Would anyone be willing to share their directions from the book with me????I have tried the local libraries and even checked the ones where other family memebers live so that they could copy and send, but no luck. ...
Hi all,I would like to make a Thomas the Tank cake for my godson's 4th b-day. He is absolutely crazy about him! I have seen the book on Amazon for about $60 but have seen what's in it from her website and don't know that I would make any other cakes in there. Would anyone be willing to share their directions from the book with me????I always do his cakes with a lot of inspiration from here but this one is more challenging If anyone can help please email.Edited to add- I...
Can anyone give me somehelp for pregnant belly cakes? I'm just thinking that if I use the wilton ball pan for belly and cupcakes for breasts that it will be quite small and any of the pics I seethe cake just seems sooo much bigger. Is there some othr type of pans that can be used or is everyone just stacking a bunch up and carving....ugh?If anyone has directions that they would share or any other help that would be great!Thanks!