Posts by trinijulie

You guys are lifesavers!! DH cleaned the cartridges a couple of times and it worked! I learned something new tonight-- I will try to remember to give it a daily run. Thank you all so much. Can't begin to tell you how much Waffle paper wasted.
I'm working on a cake for "Tomorrow Morning" and I need to print an image to put on it,, I've used my printer one time to print an image for a cake and it worked fine... I turn it on tonight and try to print and it's not printing right--the image I need to print is Blue and Red--when I hit print it just prints everything in a weird Green-ish tint,, no red or blue or even black what so-ever.. I know I'm not out of ink because I've only used it once.. Can anyone point me in...
Congrats!! I am so happy for you.
Thank you ALL so much! I got some very useful advice and many of you brought up some points and different angles I hadn't even thought about. I'm going over to the health dept to meet with someone (someone gave me a specific person to get in contact with) to go over things in dept. I facebooked the chick with the Cupcake shop last night, just to ask about her start up cost and such (figured I'd ask her-- the worse she could say is it's none of your business) She said she...
Snarkybaker- thank you for your advice, definitly food for thought I seriously cannot keep doing it out of my house I just have way to my STUFF-- baking pans, airbursh machine, edible printer and the list just goes on and on.. I don't have anywhere to store all the cake related tools and such that keep accumulating and NEED. I don't want a store front,, I'll just be renting this space to bake, store my stuff and that's it. I was going to pull from savings to pay for the...
Thanks for the positive vibes guys One think I know for sure is that I will have to start REALLY charging for the cakes I make, I have ppl give me enough money to cover supplies-- if I do quote over, it's not by much at all. And I still get some friends of friends who haggle with me and say "such and such said you were really cheap" Well hello!! I am. I already know pricing is going to be the hardest part of all of this for me-- I still have soooo much to learn,, I guess...
I'm not sure what to do. I've been baking/decorating cakes for a little over a year. It started off with me wanting a cake for my daughters first birthday--a friend of mine got one from the ONLY bakery here in town that did fondant work and she paid close to $200.00 for it. We went to her party and I saw the cake (beautiful) but I thought to myself I could do this. I took the Wilton classes at my local Michaels and with the help of ALOT of kind and very helpful folks on...
You guys are the best! Thanks so much. I'm going to order the penny molds right now
This is the banner.. Sorry, the pic didn't upload before. I wanted to have the text printed not written with marker..
I'm sooo trying the wet towel trick on my next cake I throw out so much cake when I level..