Posts by kandu001

Thanks everyone. I will look into writing a business plan and check with my local requirements.   I do know that there is a market for it.  There are only a few bakeries nearby and they do well financially, but my quality is WAY higher.    And no to Stitches...I don't just jump in.  I know what I'm capable of and I know that I will do well...I've just come to a point in my life where I am finally ready to make it happen.
I've decided that I'm going to quit my "real job" and only bake...my passion!    I have NO idea where to start!  Do I go to the bank and ask for a business loan?  Do I really have to have a perfectly written business plan?  Do I contact the realtor who is leasing the space I want?  I have no clue?   OR...would it be better to just quit my job and try it full time from home without trying a retail store front location?  I live in Florida and they recently have the...
I voted for #s 1 and 2.  :)
Thank you! I've made it a million times, but never with the time constraints of having a baby...so I guess I'm just freaking out a little!
Thanks! I think I'll do the 8 and 10 plus the 1/2 ball. I guess I just needed some reassurance!
Will one batch of marshmallow fondant cover a 12 in. cake easily?
I'm making a 2 tier cake for a friend and she needs 50 servings. I don't go by the charts because I think they are way too small of pieces and since I'm not charging (because I can't...lol) I want her to have normal sized pieces. I was hoping to do a 8 and 10, but even the "chart" says 48 servings. I would rather not have to do 10 and 12. Is there a better combo or am I stuck w/ the bigger cake? Oh, also there *may* be a half ball pan on top (kind of a 3rd tier).Any...
Thanks! That's what I think I'll do. I've never made a choc. wasc either though! Uh OH!!!
I am making a marble (choc. and vanilla) WASC cake for a friend's daughter's 1st birthday and I just realized I have never made one! I bought choc., vanilla, and marble box mix, but I have no idea where to start or which one to use! I have made the vanilla WASC a million times though. Help! I need to make it tonight (or tomorrow morning at the latest)!Thanks!!
Thanks for the great tips! I'm just about to make my first batch of cake balls for my daughter's 1st birthday!!