Posts by CharismaticMom

Hey everyone! I know this probably comes up every few minutes, but I am wondering about making a cake for a client from a box, vs. doing it from scratch? Does this take away from the value/authenticity of the cake? It's just that my chocolate cake recipe STINKS!!! I'd rather have a good-tasing cake from a box than worry about whether or not they'll like my recipe!! TIA for the expertise!
I have a great recipe for MMF, and it has treated me well. I kind of like the taste, too! But I hadn't tried Wilton (or otherwise) fondant, and wondered if I was missing out on texture, etc. My first MM fondant bow broke, but I think that was my fault - it was really dry!!!My recipe is just 16 oz mini marshmallows melted with a couple of TBSP of water, and then I knead it with powdered sugar until it's the "right" consistency. I've found that letting it sit over night...
Hello! I am a newbie and have been a CC addict for almost 3 months now. I pour over your pictures like crazy!Anyway, I am just now branching out into using fondant, and have only used MMF. I am wondering - what are the differences/advantages/disadvantages of using regular fondant versus MMF? Thanks!
I'm sorry, but that does not look, as she said, "Fantastic." Holy cow...
Hey all! I am SO new at this, and I need a little advice....Doing a football field/football cake for a friend (she's letting me practice on her!) and I am super nervous about how heavy this football has become. It looks AMAZING: rice krispies, covered in candy coating, then covered in fondant. Did the paper towel method, and it looks real! But again, it's gotten HEAVY! I plan on making the 'field' out of two, 2-layer chocolate cake (2 9x13s side by side) (from scratch),...
Hello all! I am a newbie...to CC and to cake decorating, and I am loving it! Have my first order next week, and I've been pouring over pics on CC for inspiration!I know asking how much money people make is a risky question, but I am wondering, is anyone willing to share a ballpark of what their net is per year? $5,000? $10,000? More? Less? How long did it take you to get there?I'm in a mid-sized market, with not a lot of cake decorators out there, and wonder if I should...