Posts by queenfa

Scratch cakes are often tempramental, you have to practice as many as you can to find what works for you. Go to the recipe section and you will find tons to practice.
;-D:smile: Agree totally
I live in Maryland and I wouldn't make that cake for less than $200.00, satin flower or not. For me, once it's tiered, price increases, and with delivery and set up? Cost more. I guess it's okay if you are still trying to attract customers.
Gel or paste color definite. For one, dust is more expensive and that's why it's usually used, most times, only as highlights as against actual painting. Secondly, the picture has different shades of black which shows as grey where it is lighter. You can best achieve this through use of paste/gel. With this type of job, there are going to to be wiping and cleaning as corrections only to repaint, colors are best for this. The dust may come later to brighten the completed work.
The wolf is molded and painted, goes beyond dust and vodka. It appears like the face is constructed first.You must be good at "oil and canvas" sort of art to accomplish this, i mean food color of course. If possible, start the face consruction now(most likely from gumpaste /modelling chocolate) and see how you like it before going further. Good luck.
I am confused about the kind of whipped cream this is. Is it the same like the bettercream you get in the big bucket from Sams club? I like to know how to vary this with puddings and flavors because this is what I use mostly for fillings. Are we talking about the same whipped cream.
Yep!
Yes, you are truly an artist. Thanks for sharing.
Ok i just have to update everyone on this. I finally broke the scratch cake jinx!!!. My problem was not the recipes, mixing method or too much liquid, it was the baking strips!!! Who knew? It works on my box mixes but not on scratch. I have done differentcrecipes without the strips and they came out nice now. Success finally!!!. I am contented with using just a center heat core( i use cannoli former) and squish down any raised portion afterwards. Thanks to all who gave...
No matter how moist a cake is, it should not be ripped out by inserting a skewer the way you just described, which actually, i think the best way to do it, that cake is covered in fondant. An alternative is to use edible glue but im not sure if u can get it into an angle like that.