Posts by bakermommy4

I've been away from CC for a while...far too long to be honest lol...man I miss this place. But I see the topics AND responses haven't changed. LindaF144a and tootie0809 said it best. I have been gone for so long because I've been going through the stressful process of trying to become completely legit. I am in Las Vegas Nevada...where you can operate from your home kitchen with an occupational business license...nowhere near an actual business license though. Now, being...
thanks cakesdivine...I'm really excited about using the decopaks for the cakes I do for non profit. Really quick little put together kits...I love it!!
I was wondering if any of you ladies and gents out there have done business with DecoPac? I have just spent about a half hour on their website to see what they offered and did some price comparing and they seem to be really inexpensive. Just curious to see if anyone has done business with them and if so....are they good to do business with? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance
Too funny...I've been away from CC for quite some time and delighted to see that the opinionated threads aren't gone.I live in Vegas and if I were to use a 100% buttercream any time between May and September I'd be in major trouble. No one would be complaining about the taste of the icing at all....they'd be complaining about the "soup" they got instead of cake.I use Edna's buttercream recipe about 90% of the time...always with hi ratio shortening. It tastes dreamy, it's a...
anyone with any advice on this...please help
Hi all...I have NEVER covered a sponge cake with fondant and now I have a woman who's seen many cake boss episodes and wants a 3 tiered birthday cake made with vanilla and chocolate sponge....covered in fondant. Yeah I've seen Buddy do it a gazillion times and I always scratch my head and ask how does he do that? My sponge is far too light to cover with fondant.I've tried to persuade this lady to go with a denser cake...but nooo...she's a huge cake boss fan and she says...
Hi KerriI couldnt tell you exactly what the tiered sizes are...but I have a suggestion for you. How about you ask how many people are being served and then go from there, you could pretty much figure out the tiers on your own from knowing the amount of people being served at the reception. Then you could do this same exact design with an accurate count on servings.Hope that helps and good luck
I have been in a time crunch tons of times and have beaten the icing for about that time...it turned out fine. The results are better when you go the whole time but 5 minutes are o.k.hth
I think it looks good overall, maybe it's just my computer but your pics take some time to fully load...and then when they do load, you don't see the full image until you click on the picture. And the slideshow moves pretty fast. Congrats though on getting as far as you have. I've been trying the website thing for ages and I STILL don't have one as nice as yours.HTH
I have just recently graduated with an Associates in Pastry Arts...I did take the community college route. I received the same culinary and baking education as I would as Le Cordon Bleu and the Arts Institute and saved ballpark figure...around $40,000. But...in the end...after 3 years of school...I just want to make gorgeous tasty cakes. The degree requirements cover a WIDE array of all things baking...including chocolate and sugar arts...quantity baking...breads...blah...