Posts by sarah0418

I was told ( I don't remember where) that the COT helps with the drying/crusting of the icing....not sure though. I follow the recipe all the time and have great results. For flavoring, I usually use 3/4tsp of vanilla and 3/4 tsp of butter flavoring and it tastes awesome!TracyLH just turned me on to a site called spices, ect. They sell all kinds of all natural flavorings and I just ordered maple, brown sugar, hazelnut and pumpkin....I can't wait to try those!
I am doing something similar for Halloween for mine and friends kids. Because it's Halloween, I'm doing Halloween cookies. They are all young, so I am going to outline all the cookies in white the night before and fill squeeze bottles with the icing for them to fill in.I know your party guests are older....how about Fall/Harvest themed cookies. Is there a theme to the party? You could make a bunch of different flower cookies. Or, you could make different random shapes and...
I have to totally agree with all of you. I love Antonia74 royal!!!!!! It is all I use. I actually play with the flavoring combo a little bit too. I add butter flavoring and vanilla to it and it is SO yummy!I actually just ordered a few new all natural flavorings from spices, ect. and I'm going to be trying those next!!!But, yes...I LOVE this icing. It's so easy to use and it tastes great!
I used the same tutorial the Misscathcart mentioned and I loved it. Very easy to do. Plus, I don't really care for fondant, which is all Debbie Brown does and the above mentioned tutorial used BC. i have a pic in my photos of the one I made. I was very happy with it and I was also surprised at how easy it was.
I love the NFSC (No Fail Sugar Cookie) recipe found on this site under the recipe tab. It always woks very well for me. Usually if I need the cookies for Saturday, I bake no sooner than Monday. If you need to bake them sooner, I agree with the previous post, that you should freeze them...I've done that and they turn out fine. I have also frozen decorated cookies and they defrost fine as well.As far as the flavoring goes, I add vanilla ext and butter flavoring to my royal...
I too HATE flat/crispy cookies. With my choc chip, I keep the butter the same ( I also don;t like the taste of crisco), but I add an extra 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 tsp of baking powder. Everyone raves about them. Give that a try and see.
I too HATE flat/crispy cookies. With my choc chip, I keep the butter the same ( I also don;t like the taste of crisco), but I add an extra 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 tsp of baking powder. Everyone raves about them. Give that a try and see.
and I don't know where to start. The smallest one I currently have is the Wilton #1. They also sell a #1s and a #1a can't tell from the website if these are smaller or larger or what! Does anyone know where I can purchase a round tip with an opening smaller than a Wilton #1?
I have had my Wilton 101 cutter for a while. It was some of the first cutters I've owned. Quite a few of my pics are cookies using those cutters....
I know this was mentioned before......but, here is a baby bootie made from an egg cutter...http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1394566.html