Posts by kimmybritt

Having the same problems here. I had someone book a cake. I spent several hours looking for ideas. Sent them to her. She liked it and we agreed on a price. Two days later she sent me an email that her husband said that was more than they could spend on a cake. Oh well my time aint free you know. NEXT!!!!
Hi veemart. I am pretty new to this myself, but each cake will need to be on a cardboard circle of the same size. Then you will definately need to support each layer with dowel rods or straws. Some people prefer SPS but I have not tried that yet. My advice is get lots of practice before the big day. Good luck to ya.
Thank you guys so much. I will give it a whirl. Hope it comes out ok. Wish me luck.
Calling all CCers. SOS. I am looking for instructions for baby belly cake. Making my first one for this weekend and not sure where to start. Thanks in advance for your help.
smbc is swiss meringue, imbc is italian meringe butter cream
This may sound stupid but what do you mean by melt it down. Sorry but I'm a newbie and need to ice a cake tomorrow. Help and thanks.
Thanks so much!!!
Hello all. Hope someone can help me. I need to make another white cake but do not have another cake mix. All the recipes that I would like to make call for cake flour but I do not have any. I have AP, SR, and bread flour. Can I use one of these and if so do I add anything to them? I need to make this cake in the next few hours. Thanks in advance for your time.God Bless
MMF seems to be a little shinier (is that spelled right ). In my small, small bit of experience Satin Ice isn't usually shiny. Hope this helps.
Hi all. I'm a newbie and this is my first post. The Michelle Foster recipe was delicious with lemon extract added. Don't know how it will hold up to that heat. I found a recipe online called Rolled Fondant for Debbie. It is by far my favorite and I have received many compliments on it.3 tbs water1 packet unflavored gelatin1/2 cup corn syrup1 tbs glycerine2 tbs shortening 8 cups powdered sugarSprinkle gelatin over water and let soften 2 to 3 minutes. Put container in pan of...