Posts by Bluehue

Thickened whipped cream with either fresh or frozen berries mixed through. If using fresh - Wash - hull - sprinkle with a little white sugar - then gentle mash with the back of a fork and place in a strainer  so as to allow excess juice to drain out.. After about an hour - gentley fold through the whipped cream - OR white chocolate ganache. I have used (on different occassions) Blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. The blackberries give a gorgeous lilac...
Not sure what type of chocolate cake you are thinking of making - but might i suggest you make a Chocolate Mud Cake....   Use the Gananche as planned   That way both the Mud Cake and the Chcocolate Ganache can withstand being out of the fridg for a week - without turning stale - going mouldy - tasting dry - etc etc etc.   By making a Chcocolate Mud Cake - which by the way is best eaten 3 days after making and good to eat for at least 10 days - you can feel at...
1. Yes you certainly can.  Just give it a light brish over with sugar glue (recipe below) ... as this will make sure that your fondant adheres to the board without it slipping or sliding when you place the fondant on it.   2. Hmmmm, not sure, i never weigh my fondant before using it - i have just gotten used to knowing how much to roll our - sorry. Perhaps start with about 200gns ...*shrug*   3. I always cover my boards at least 3 days ahead of needing it. That way i know...
@ ibeeflower Lolll - sometimes it the simplest things that we overlook when trying to solve a problem -  Glad i could be of help...     @ Beesknees578 If you dont find any info - this is how i do it..... Place your 7 inch cake on a 7 inch cake board Ganache your cake. Allow to *set up and air dry* to the touch Turn cake up side down Place another 7 inch cake board on the *new* top Ganache your cake again.... Smooth off any excess ganache Allow to air dry and set up. When...
Sounds delish. Yes, do post a pic.... Your most welcome.   Bluehue
If you dont like the idea of putting the ganached cake in the fridge - ganache it in the morning and then allow to set up until after lunch....or later if possible.   Is it a mud cake you are ganaching and covering? The reason i ask is because mud cakes shouldn't go in the fridge..................... ever.  The cold dry air can tend to dry your mud cake out.   Yes, i know many will come on and dispute this - so i am only giving you MY advice....    Each to...
Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - love it. Come on down - the weather is warm and the beer is cold     Bluehue
A solution to this problem is, Smooth a little ganache at a time over the dent.... taking the ganache to about 1/4 inch past the dent wait a few minutes between each application ... Then take a spatular or flat sided knife - run it under boiling water - wipe dry with a tea towell - then gently glide your hot knife/spatular around the edge of the cake to smooth out the applied ganache. you might need to do this a couple of times before your dent is completely...
Oh thats ok veracity... Have you thought of using the edible glitter dust rnge.... This is a brand we can get in Australia - not sure where in the world you are...but perhpas Google can help. i  of course they do have other colours   http://www.cakesaroundtown.com.au/catalog/cakes-around-town-rolkem-gold-sparkle-dust-p-7053.html   All the best with your search   Bluehue