Posts by Bluehue

The cream wont go *nasty* because after bringing it to the boil - you have changed the structure of the cream - Thats one of the benifits of using ganache.... it is pefectly safe to sit out on your bench...   Bluehue
  I make my fillings the day before and keep in the fridg... But anything made with fresh cream will keep up to the date on the carton or bottle. Lolll - always look for cream with the longest expiry date when buying at the supermarket... Then pipe the fillings the day of the event they are to be served. If using fresh whipped cream - you keep filled macarons in a container in the fridg - until ready to serve. Hmmmm, they aren't going to be any more soggy that ones...
A dense cake is usually easier to cut = no crumbling. Another good thing about a Mud Cake, they are always moist. Bluehue
  Hi Gerle... no, its not a silly question I take my fondant over the edge of the cake board - then using a piece of accetate, trim the bottom edge neatly. There is no hard and set rule as to how to do it...i just prefer the edges to be covered - and then add my ribbon It jusst gives a nicer edge - imo.   It takes a ittle more time - but i think it is well worth that extra few minutes.   Bluehue
You are welcome vogt51 - glad i could help. There is always someone here on CC who can answer any questions you have.   Bluehue :)
I didn't think to mention that GG - i just assumed that we all do that anyway... But then - one should never assume.. Thankyou for mentioning it...   Bluehue