Posts by Bluehue

lrlt2000 wrote LOLLLLLL - your most welcome...   Every week I see many posts about Ganache - what to do - how to do it - why did this happen - help........................... yadda yadda.   The OP posted about FILLING A CAKE....NOT FILLING CHOCOLATES....so that's why I wrote what I wrote. Then blow me down, the OP comes back telling me *she knows*..................   My whole point being - If you want to make a Ganache for cakes - you don't want air in it If you...
Loll - your welcome our memphis belle
little cloud -   Did you have the right amount of chocolate to cream ratio... The *oil slick* can happen if you don't have the right amount of chocolate..... And sometimes it can happen if you boil your cream to long... the cream really breaks down and just doesn't incorporate the melted chocolate correctly.         joandwade You can put a ganached/fondant covered cake in a fridge....not that I ever do and wouldn't do. Many dispute it but the cold dry air in a fridge can...
 i like what cakeyouverymuch suggested...
Hello dami1025...   You could try placing another pan under the pan you pour your batter in. = double panning. This could help with the wrinkly effect.   Might you have lifted the cake out of the pan before it had time to cool a bit?   When you cut your parchment paper out - leave a bit of overhang...that way when you pour your batter into the pan it wont move in from the sides.   When you take your pan out of the oven - dont rest it on a flat...