Posts by Bluehue

Hmmmm, sounds to me that a) your oven isn't hot enough or b) it hasn't been cooked long enough. What size cske and what temp are you cooking your Mud cakes @ almyra?   Welcome to CC
Excellent responses given by so many ... and great to see and read Heath's/CC admin asking and putting thoughts forward.   I for one just skipped over the *How much would you charge* questions after a while for the simple fact that i usually had to ask - *where in the world are you*? - as no mention was made re what town/State or Country they were in. By adding that *minor* detail would greatly help - plus, if i did ask *where are you*? it would take weeks before they...
Thanks sorry I got so upset it's just we tried everything from freezer to the wet towel   Oh dear - that wouldn't have helped her situation....... Kind if you to offer a refund considering it seems the customer was a bit lost with her raking skills... Bluehue
  So sad when you see a beautiful cake *plonked* on a bare cake board.
Have a jug of warm water and a clean cloth on hand - after every cut, dip your knife into the jug - then wipe dry - that way your knife will be clean for every slice. Another good point to remember - make sure the knife you are using has a blade that is as long as the cake is tall - i have seen people cut a tall cake with a short knife and after one slice there is cake all over the handle - irkkk. Bluehue  
Customer - *when you say you are busy - do you really mean it - or are you just saying that?* Me - *your precious and priceless.................and i am REALLY busy........... *
That's still cheap - no matter the size - let her find a cafe/restaurant that will feed 30 customers for 50.00 pound.... pfffttttt, not going to happen. Cheap cakes attract cheap customers -  don't go there - it won't be worth your time and effort.... just smile and wait for the next customer who wants a custom cake....   Bluehue