Posts by trinity021

Everytime I tint my fondant (I use Satin Ice), it gets kind of crumbly and dry looking. When I roll it out, it gets cracks all in it. HELP! What am I doing wrong? This last time I kept my hands coated in crisco hoping it would help, but it didn't. Is it too much dye? Am I kneading it too much? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Rachel
Oh my...that sounds wonderful (I love snickers)Uniqueask - Thank you very much for posting that link. I didn't know about that list before. I think I'm gonna have some fun with those.
Rice Krispie Treat
Thanks for the tip, KittyPTerror. I'm definitely going to have to try that. Thanks for the complements Solecito and dabear. I had a lot of fun doing it.Bijoudelanuit, that cake recipe sounds yummy. I'm going to have to give it a try next time.
Thanks for sharing.
Does adding an extra egg and the pudding mix make it denser?
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I tried some of these and they were good. I ended up finding a recipe for a butter cake that worked really well. My husband found it on Allrecipes.com. Here's a picture of the cake I needed the recipes for. It's the Hamm car from the ending credits of the movie Cars. He has one and it is his favorite car. It's a carved butter cake covered in fondant. The wheels are RKT covered in choc fondant. The hat is a sugar cone. I'm very...
Wow! I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Thanks for the warning! I almost ordered something from them last week but ended up getting it from intotheoven.com instead. I'm glad I did. I have to ditto the remarks about intotheoven. I was very, very pleased with my order from them and it got here very fast (ordered Wed evening, got here Fri).
Thanks for the recipe JuneHawk. Looks like I have lots of cakes to try (and send to work with the hubby, hehe). Thanks all. I'm still having trouble finding the chocolate cake recipe. Does anyone know what it is called?
I have to agree. These challenges seem to becoming less about the cake (or at least some of the cakes). Like the swiss army knife cake on the Extreme cakes challenge. Very extreme but not much cake. I loved Bronwen's donut. Though it did overpower the Simpsons characters, it was a great (big) cake. I did like all of the features/characters on the Krusty cake. I absolutely love watching these challenges. It amazes me what they can do with cake, icing, and fondant. ...