Posts by Pebbles1727

Hi Everyone, I have attempted a 3d deer head cake this week. And even though I'm reasonably happy with the result, I would like to figure out the way to make antlers bigger. Has anyone tried big antlers?  Is there a way to make them out of something not eatable and light?  What about internal structural support to hold in place heavier antlers?  Any help is appreciated. Thanks, P
No, I was referring to the planning service sorry. I can understand all kinds of thinking, I just don't believe it is right for it to be forced on me.
Locals don't use all inclusive services, those are targeted toward visitors. My business is not, and it does not make sense for me to do that only because someone thinks its a better option. As a business owner I make decisions based on what I know and believe is best for what I'm trying to achieve. Out of all planning services like this one, they were just the first one who took it personally.
I am in one of the top destination wedding locations in US. Most brides come from areas where prices are significantly higher. There is a lot of room for upcharging in all inclusive packages
Exactly. I don't like their policy of upcharging my services as a part of their package and making money on my cake, so I just choose not to go down that rabbit hole. It's that simple. I was surprised to actually get a phone call, I expected more of "thanks anyways" email back.
Have to vent to other wedding professionals: I just got one of the bigger wedding coordinators in my area mad at me because I was not willing to book with them as a part of their package. Said from the very first phone conversation that I deal with brides directly and do not do third party bookings, yet they proceeded to request a quote and make arrangements. Comes down to the contract, so i state that the bride needs to contact me directly to make arrangements. They...
Ok, thanks. Based on the questions she has asked so far, everything had to do with my liability and refunds, specifically in case of "acts of God" situations and damage during delivery/set up/after set up. I thought it was something different since I already answered those.  Thanks again, P
Got a quick question for you. I have a bride who actually wants to schedule another appointment to discuss the contract in person.  It is a little unusual for me, not the questions about it, just doing it in person.  It has been drafted by an attorney and I have quite a few attorney brides over the years who reviewed and signed without a single question, so I'm not worried about the contract itself.  I have already answered some questions in regards to it, so I'm not...
Thank you, that summurizes my feelings.  The information request did not have the size, flavor, or theme listed, just that someone was looking for a cake for a specific date. I had nothing to go on to provide the quote. How would I know that they actually want to place an order or can even afford the cake?  I receive numerous requests, many of them do not end up being orders, whether it's because I'm already booked or cake is out of their budget.  I don't chase after...