Posts by kickasscakes

smart cookie!
can I dowel though the candy liner? This cake will be 3 tiers (candy liner/cupcake on top)
can I dowel though the candy liner? This cake will be 3 tiers (candy liner/cupcake on top)
yikes, I never would have thought to wash them with laundry soap. Usually I wash them by hand with some Palmolive, and they are good to go. Good luck!
BlakesCakes, is right. Once the corn syrup has been added, it has seized.That's advice straight from Mike McCarey's class
Thank you so much for your reply!! How did your guests serve the cake?
Anyone?
For those that have done the candy liner, I have a question.I love the look of the liner (as I don't know how easy it would be to do a fondant liner) those groves in the Wilton pan disappear I imagine, when frosted.... My question, with the candy base liner, is the cake DRY inside? NOT ICED?Wondering how that works.... Not so yummy if the cake goes in naked. TIPS?TIA
thank you! I don't know where I got my charts from, but they were obviously way off! Thank you!!
I need a cake to serve 75 people. If I do a 6", 8" and 10 inch, that only serves 53... How can I bump up the servings, to reach my target guest amounts, without making another cake? I would prefer to have the increments spaced out a little, as it will have lots of props on it...TIA