Posts by kickasscakes

I feel your pain Leah. I am finding it so frustrating being a business owner, who has gone to great lengths to be legal, and spent a lot of hard earned cash to be so.People baking at home, with no overhead, undercutting in prices is so frustrating. Makes me wonder why I bother.... What benefit do I have to have a shop, when no one else in my area does...Grrr...I am still in my first year, and not making a profit....
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1248134Sorry, the pic did not want to attach... Here is the link.
Attaching a picture of a cake someone created, and they are from Cake Central. I have tried to email them, but no answer so far...I am wondering if the cake is carved in this shape? Any tips or ideas on how to make something like this would be appreciated.
Attaching a picture of a cake someone created, and they are from Cake Central. I have tried to email them, but no answer so far...I am wondering if the cake is carved in this shape? Any tips or ideas on how to make something like this would be appreciated.
Maybe too moist or not quite dense enough to support the weight. Some people add a box of pudding to their cake recipes to bulk it up, or add another egg.
I have only done it with a paint pallette, and watered down food coloring. Just test the colors first, on paper or something to make sure your colors are light enough. Sometimes it can be a little dark, and hard to see the different shades, that make it so awesome!
Looks like fondant, to me, textured with a textured rolling pin.The flowers look stencilled to me. Thick icing for dimension... My guess
Thanks guys. I think that is where I went wrong... My first layer of fondant was on, it was in the fridge, and although I let it warm up, I don't think long enough...Today, for the other tier, I let it sit out for a couple hours, and then tackled it... What a difference.... I knew not to put water in between the layers, so I just put a drop or two, on the top, where I was not planning to use the cutters...Thanks for all your tips and tricks. I am so glad we have...
yup... everyone is a cake artist now. They charge next to nothing, and the people that actually have paid a lot of money to get the training, and education to do what we love suffer, cause Jo-Blow can do it cheaper...Ya, bites me too!
anyone? Can I loosen this mold up at all??