Posts by pdiana56

I tried a couple different local bakeries and none wanted to chance printing the photo.... even though it is 62 years old! I ended up printing the picture onto a regular sheet of copy paper, putting wax paper under it and then putting it on the cake. No one could tell the difference, until it came time to cut it of course. I do think I will invest in a printer for this.Thanks for the help and suggestion.
I did get out a quilt pattern book and used the Friendship quilt pattern. It turned out great. Thanks for the advice.
I am just wondering if anyone else has tried to get an old picture transferred to a cake and couldn't due to copyright laws. I have tried at several different bakeries, including Wal-Mart, and they won't make the print without a release form signed by the photography studio. Of course this is not possible on a graduation picture taken 62 years ago. I guess I should invest in a printer for edible pictures.... we would eat the evidence! Any suggestions?Thanks,Diana
thanks for the help!
Hopefully someone has made a "quilt" cake and can give me some ideas. For my mother-in-law's 80th birthday I would like to decorate a large sheet cake with a quilt design since she has been an avid quilter for years. I am not sure about the best method of doing this. I would rather use a buttercream icing since everyone likes it best. Any ideas?Thanks