Posts by 4cakefiends

HI, My daughter's 4th bday party is on Saturday (9/30). She wanted a Grease Party and I'm fulfilling her wishes. I had decided on making a "Sandy" doll w/poodle skirt out of the wonder mold pan and then making 4 "records" to the side. However, the records need to be black w/pink centers. I thought I might do cheescakes instead of cakes (a lot of my family would rather have a cheesecake). My question is this, can I use ganache on a no bake cheescake? I was thinking...
I also forgot to mention that you have to put dowels throght the cones and twinkies to have them stay put.
I made a castle cake last month and I used Twinkies for the towers. Just cut a bit off one end so that it is flat on the end you rest on the cake. I frosted them, of course. I made this cake for a friend's daughter and he, his brother, and my husband were literally fighting over who was going to get the last one...they each had had one already! It was comical. On top of each tower/twinkie was a frosted sugar come w/the same colored glittery sprinkles as the icing. ...
I just wanted to make 1 other cake, but the more I've thought about it, I will probably buy the mini ball pan or use cupcakes (hadn't thought of that!). I agree that it just wouldn't look right on the large ball. We shall see, what happens, I really haven't definately decided on this route. Any other ideas for a companion cake to Belle? I'm thinking maybe Mrs. Potts/Chip, or a book, the roses.... Thanks for your help so far though!
I am trying to think/find ideas for a friend's daughter's bday (Beauty and the beast theme...she wants Belle for sure but they need another cake) I found the recipe for "Solitary Rose" on the Wilton site. They use the mini ball pan. I kind of didn't want to buy another pan. I have the large ball pan. Do you think this would work on the large one? here is the link to the recipe. Please let me know what you think or any thoughts on this topic at all. Thank you all...
RaeMarie, Where did you see the pictures of the Beauty and the Beast cakes? I looked at the ones on the link you gave but you also said there were some others in different areas. I couldn't find it. Could you help direct me in the right way? Thanks! Julie
You guys are really wonderful! Thanks for all the inspiration. I'm still open for more if you've got them, so keep 'em coming...the links were great!
Thanks for the ideas, hadn't thought of Mrs. Potts and Chip. That would be cute. Like the book/well idea as well, but it may be hard. Any thoughts on that one? I'm a visual person, do you guys have any picture references for Mrs. Potts/Chip? I'll have to do some research. Thanks for all your help so far.
I have to do a cake for my friend's little girl. I made Cinderella (wonder mold) and a castle cake for her sister last month. She wants Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I'm fine on the doll cake part, but don't really want to make another castle cake. Does anyone have any cute ideas that would fit the beauty and beast theme?I've thought of possibly doing a book (Belle was always reading), or possibly a rose somehow. Any thoughts? Thanks for any and all help!
I just made a cake for a friend of mine and used a "Twinkie filling" from Sweet Dreams website...see link below otherwise you might get some adult sites if you just do a "Sweet dreams"search like I did. (yikes!) At any rate, my friend and all his guest just raved about it. I had some left in a container in the fridge and my husband can't keep his hands off of it. I must admit it was pretty good! If you can't get the recipe, I would be glad to email it to you. I've...