Posts by mypastrychef

I agree! My phone rings with more people who are wanting to place an order rather than wanting to know how much is a cake.You could always be general and not specific since so many designs fluctuate.mpcwww.mypastrychef.com
I have painted on cake, it is time consuming and I prefer to pipe.You can do an illustration from one of my cakes!!mpcwww.mypastrychef.com
Wow! that is great.You made me look and I have 9 for May, and 15 for April. Guess I can keep taking more in May.mpcwww.mypastrychef.com
How much would a bride have to pay for a cake topper that is plastic?Ok you can charge $50-$250 extra. Think of it as a topper and call it a topper and then it sounds more price worthy and certainly your time should be worth more than the cost of a plastic topper.HTHmpcwww.mypastrychef.com
If all she is doing is getting you contacts I would give her 10%. You already have enough going out for ingred, labor, overhead, taxes and etc. Is she going door to door?If she starts producing then you may increase her percentage if she brings in a greater amount of sales to your business. People will start calling you when word gets out, with out her. mpcwww.mypastrychef.com
Same here I am always filled up for the weekends.I just had a customer last week that tried to belittle me because of prices, then she demanded I explain why my cakes were more than Sam's. I tried to explain briefly and then told her I don't specialize in cheap cakes. She still continued with her bullying way of trying to get me to make her a designer cake for cheaper using styrofoam... Yes I threw her out of my shop!!!!! She said what? you're not gonna do my cake? I said,...
Oh yeah! it is all about mass production. I have workded in food facilities and at Sam's club (years ago). Mass producing does save alot of time. They bank on more sales. For the Sams they want to focus on that higher ring at the checkout. (Cakes) This seems so foolish to me. So they really can't compete with us at all!But it is discouraging when people don't get the difference between us and them.Today a bride called our shop and wanted a quote on a 4 tier square cake for...
TheButterWenchI understand everyone can't afford these cakes, but this is where the people making cakes at home will hurt small custom cake shops. They will undercut the custom shops, who have to sell for a certain amount inorder to stay in business. It's crazy! I haven't looked in the grocery lately, I'll definetely investigate this.IndydebiMy supplier told me a year ago that we would have problems. He took his son from Texas and drove up to Kentucky and Tennessee to show...
look at the webpage and click on the thumbnail photos; a larger picture will open with a price for each cake. http://www.brides.com/brides/cakesOK my flour price has just went from $14 for 50lbs to $27 for 50lbs. My supplier says it is all going up again! He said China has bought the spring crop of wheat and we may not have enough to get through the summer.I don't know if it will happen like he says, but I know I will have to raise prices again. My wedding cakes are...
Well if you want to move to Louisiana you can buy my shop!! mpcwww.mypastrychef.com