Posts by Holli_Rose

Hi.I've been making cakes for a little while and just moved from an apt where the counter tops had lost their 'protective layer' for lack of a better word. They were always very very hard to clean and when it came to fondant I had to use one of those roll out plastic fondant sheets. However I HATED using it. It always slid away from me at the very worst times!! No matter how much I dusted the fondant it would always end up sticking to the counter tops so I had no other...
What is the company that must not be named?!Am I'm missing something I googled the name and came up with nothing. Help!
Sorry just lack of a better word I didn't know what to really say. In your opinion would you use cakes you've 'made' with the dummy cakes in your portfolio? I'm trying to build mine up but not sure what peoples ideas are on making a portfolio with dummy cakes.
Thank you so much for posting this. I do have a question however...to those who have posted to this...Is it Ummm...how do I put this...cheating? I guess to practice doing fondant work on dummy cakes? I just found out about them like 10 minutes ago and looked up the subject on the forum I think my family would truly love me if they didn't have to eat any more cake as well! I know all my inlaws are turning cake away at this point! However something doesn't feel right about...
thank you so much! Umm little confused on how to use it but my mom is very good with excel and caters so this is something she could probably easily help me out with! Thank you so much again this is great!
Thank you for the tips about LLC surprisingly my husband knew about this when I asked him he said that would probably be best for us as well but he didn't even think about it! So thank you for suggesting it!We're a little confused though. You said that we have to have another sink within reach. We have a bathroom sink down the hall but its a bit far from the kitchen. We have a double sink and a dish washer. Wondering how the extra sink fits in to all that. Like if it i has...
Gotta spend money to make it huh. I guess its not nearly as bad as I thought. What are they looking for when they go threw the kitchen though? Just your average run of the mill clean? My husband is a cheif at a local college he's worried that we're going to need the standards that they have at work. The buckets of cleaning solutions and stuff like that. Our house is pretty clean anyways we don't have any pets so I don't think thats gonna be a problem but we're wondering do...
I live in Manchester. I just started making cakes and have had a lot of people compliment me on them. I would love to start doing it to make a bit of extra cash. Seems like its a bit more complicated than I thought it would be though!
Does any one have a Cake Pricing Matrix for Vista windows?? I can't get the ones that are on here to load on my computer and I was told that the 2003 verison of things doesn't always convert well to the newer programs that vista uses. I have excel it just seems to be the newer one. If any one could let me know. I'm very interested in this information. Also Does any one know the laws in New Hampshire of making/selling cakes?
Outlawed?! Are they edible??Also I wasn't talking about the tiera but about the lines that are done in the fondant where the dragee's are. I'm just not sure what the method is called if any one knows that would be great to find out.