Posts by gladysrdz24

I like the first one. Also as for the font I didn't really think the for was a fer. Until I read other peoples post did I have to do a recheck. I kind of just read and understood it fully and went on. I like the whole feel of it and didn't try to nit pick it with a magnifying glass if that makes sense.
I know that there are a lot of people that frown upon sheet cakes but as a small bakery that caters to people that sometimes don't appreciate the artistry and work that goes into a custom cake they settle for sheet cakes. This is our most requested and will always be. Anywayz I digress. What are the prices for your sheet cakes? Good ol 1/4 sheet 1/2 sheet and full sheet? How many layers do you do and you do fruit fillings? Im not sure about some of our prices and wanted to...
Im so annoyed / offended when people ask if our cakes are fresh. Of course its fresh you idiot we are a bakery not a supermarket chain store!! Ughh I wish I could come back with a witty comeback. Anyways do you guys have any good stories???
Hi! I had an epson nx400 for two years and had no problems until a couple of weeks ago. All of a sudden it just stopped working saying that there was a paper jam but there was no.paper jam. Anyways although I had had it for only two years we were printing about an average of 8 to 10 images a week. So for a printer that cost me 50 dollars it paid for itself a long time ago. The cartridges I bought from kopykake with the refill bottles and had BARELY bought new cartridges...
here are some pops i made with the machine!http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2010481
People are just plain weird!!! I work at a bakery where we make rolls 16 on a bake sheet and 25 in a rack. That means that 400 rolld are baked and come out at the exact same time. So in reality it doesn't matter which one you get it is as equal to the others in every way possible. Geez!! Oh you can't forget the people tha come in and ask for the "fresh" bread apparently if its not steaming hot its not fresh!?!?
So even though I bought my machine last week I barely tried it today. So here goes in my two cents. First I used the recipe that is in the book for vanilla cake pops. I doubled the recipe because im crazy like that and I got a total about 80 cake pops. My first batch was under filled so one side was round and the other flat. So then I tried filling the cavity a bit more but I was just making a bigger mess and it was oozing out too much. So then lightbulb goes off in my...
Did I miss something? Cupcake cakes are bad?
How would you go about making a baby carriage standing up not just laying down. Im mostly concerned about the cover. How would make that? I was thinking about it on top of another cake 12" round so the carriage shouldn't be too big. 8-10" Any input would be greatly appreciated. I like this one done by cake girls just maybe not so big.http://blog.duckduckmoosedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/p12-e6.jpgThxs in advance!
I did a purple coach bag and I had the same problem. So what I did was I airbrushed it lightly with purple mixed with pearl and sprayed it all with that and it kept the color. I got away with this because the whole cake was either lavender or purple so I could spray all of it uniformly. (Its in my pics) On another occassion I had to do a dark purple along with gold and black do for this cake I used satin ice tinted fondant and the color held perfectly. I suppose if you...