Posts by gladysrdz24

we use the pillsbury 50lbs of white cake mix and devils chocolate cake. the mix calls only for water but we add water oil and eggs and it comes out good. but for some reason it tastes even better if you bake it a couple of days before it will be served. hope it helps.
I work at a family owned bakery, I only make the cakes that are special ordered such as fondant and or carved cakes. Anyways I work in the front also bagging bread and taking regular cake orders (sheet cakes). My PP are as follows:1. There are other flavors in this world other than tres leches (this is a hispanic bakery)2. If you order a cake for 11 am I expect you to pick it up at that time. Not 6 pm. 3. Each customer is given a copy of their receipt so that they can...
When I cut the top off cakes when leveling I reuse the the leftovers by crumbling it and then mixing it with water to make a paste. I use the paste to coat the cake where the two layers meet. I let it sit for a bit then I go about the usual of frosting it and covering it with fondant. By doing this you eliminate that bulge or sagging that you get sometimes. Another great tip is to crumble the cake mix it with a little bit of cinnamon powder and then toast it for a bit...
Hi, I add tylose to my fondant and let it dry for a couple of days. You dont have to add to much because then it will dry out very quickly and the fondant will start cracking while you are working with it. I kind of just eyeball it. Also when I am putting the bow together I make a kind of glue out of fondant, water and tylose. I take a ball of fondant and put just a tad of water. I mix it together with my fingers and then when I add a little bit of tylose. I use this...
Ok... so if they are just going to go ahead and pretty much destroy the cake when taking off the fondant.... wouldnt it be easier and better if you did a fake cake for presentation and then sheet cakes that could be cut in the back iced and ready to go. I would think that would be easier and you wouldnt feel heartbroken when its getting ruined. Also!!!! they could take it home and keep it for memories I guess. I just made my very first fondant 5 tier cake (picture to...