Posts by HamSquad

How much Gumtex are you adding to the MMF? It may be too much for the amount of MMF you are working with if it is brittle and drying quickly. May be experiment with a 2" ball and adding about 1/8 teaspoon or a couple of pinches of Gumtex. Knead it in real good then let it sit in a plastic plastic wrap in a plastic storage bag for a hr. Then test its workability. I hope this helps. I also use shortening, just little with working with this. If it is really hard add drops of...
Another way to add scrolls to a buttercream cake that you may like to try, it may be more work than you might want to do, first find a scroll pattern you like, print it out, take wax paper and tape it over pattern and pipe scroll with your choice of round tips. If the pattern is going on a round cake, tape pattern to same size cake dummy or can or round craft paper mache' box to dry. For a square or rectangle shaped cake just let it dry flat. I did this as an experiment...
I must try blue with yellow, also the CK melts, thanks for reporting back with the info! Please post pictures, I'm know everything was just beautiful!
A Wilton Wonder Cake pan gives 12 serves, with the addition of 10" split with filling added to the bottom of the skirt gives about 15 servings, 2-layer 10" filled gives an additional 30 party serving. I've had to do this for my doll cakes using a regular Barbie that is 11 1/2 -12" tall or even a doll pick when I need additional servings.   http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1254013/autumns-bridal-doll-cake   http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1350596/a-princess-partyI hope...
Not true, I have pictures of cakes that I made from the 1980's posted in my pictures. Feel free to look at my cake pictures. The older cakes are in the later part of my pictures.
kakeladi your cake is sooooooo pretty! I just love making the traditional type wedding cakes too! Those were the first types of wedding cakes I made. I still make them and try to infuse the new with old.
kakeladi your cake is sooooooo pretty! I just love making the traditional type wedding cakes too! Those were the first types of wedding cakes I made. I still love making them and try to infuse the new with old.
Ooops, the word is glycerine!
Isn't Tiffany Blue a light blue with a drop of green? With the candy melts, maybe mix some blue candy melts with white candy melts to lighten and add a drop of melted green candy melt in or used candy coloring. I'm curious to see if this works. I know this would be an experiment I would do. I really hope this works.
A tip here on CC, try a little glycine to moisten up your gumpaste. It can be found in craft stores or cake supply stores. Some pharmacies sell it as well. It works rather well. Search the forum for this info. I hope this helps.[/u]