Posts by HamSquad

http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=3070&p_catid=97&page=3 I hope this helps!
Try kneading in a little glycerine or corn syrup. I would add it to an experiment piece to see if it will work. I just added corn syrup this past weekend to some dark(black) and light (white MMF painted silver) fondant that I made that seemed rubbery and cracking. Add by teaspoons to small amounts of fondant or by the tablespoon for larger amounts,let rest in plastic for at least an hour or overnight, until you reach the consistency that is desired! I hope this helps.
Experiment on some fondant or white paper to see if this the look you are going for. I have dusted solid color cakes with fondant with either pearl or silver luster dust, it usually lightens it. If the luster dust is dabbed first on a paper towel with a soft paint brush and lightly brushed on it will have a sort of a glittery sheen. I've also used a luster dust brush I bought on-line and I've used a brand new blush brush to apply on large areas to cover cakes. I really...
I just made a Baby Bump Cake last week for the very first time. It was for a Dr. Seuss theme baby shower. My book was "The Cat in the Hat", the Mommy-to-be wanted her cake with strips on the shirt. I must of stressed out on this design for weeks searching the internet for anything similar. This is what I made: http://cakecentral.com/g/i/3070945/a/3385586/mommy-requested-a-funfetti-cake-made-with-mmf-and-my-butter-cream-frosting-tfl/ Please be gentle, I still look at the...
You might want to brush a little piping gel on the back of the fondant swag and attach to top and bottoms of cakes. I usually take a gumpaste flowers and stick to the connecting ends to cover them. I hope this helps! Make sure your butter cream cake is chilled when attaching.
Great Job and Thank you!
I usually use a little piping gel on the back, it hold stuff on really well! I never use egg whites. I've read where other use a little water when it is a fondant cake or a little icing with BC cakes. I hope this help as well.
I hope this helps: http://www.decopac.com/resources/printmat/April11/Wedd_11%20Dec%20Guide.pdf Go to page 73 with picture instructions of this PDF from DecoPac. I've use this. Best Wishes!
I use Wilton sugar sheets and Wilton Spray Mist on my cakes. With the cake you are making, will you be applying the sugar sheet to a fondant or BC covered cake? I usually attach sugar sheets to BC cakes using piping gel on a frozen cake, this works great. I use piping get to attach the sugar sheets for fondant cakes also. The Wilton Spray Mist, I love spaying is on the sugar sheets, apply color in layers and let dry between application, don't over saturate. I always...
Yes, in deed, I use them quite a bit when working in fondant/gumpaste. Since, 2008, I either use a thin coating of shortening and wipe the mold out before pressing the fondant/gumpaste in the mold or dust the mold with a little cornstarch/powder sugar mix. I try not to overfill the mold with large amounts of fondant/gumpaste also. I have been learning to level the gumpaste with a small pointed, angle spatula, I saw that technique on You-tube, I thing with the...