Posts by TracyLH

I have not tried the chocolate in my icing yet, simply as I have not needed to at this point. I would try it if I needed that flavor though as all others have worked out so well. One thing that you might want to do to help bump up the chocolate flavor in your icing is to add cocoa powder. Regular will give a lighter taste, whereas dark with have a stronger taste and a deeper chocolate color. I would combine this with the chocolate extract and I bet that would work out...
I definitely flavor my icing, and sometimes my dough as well. As Susan mentioned, I am a big fan of the all-natural flavorings from Spices Etc. Too many to list, but off the top of my head, Coconut, Lime, Orange, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Lemon and the can't-do-without Clear Vanilla pop into mind, With Fall here, I am using Pumpkin Pie Spice, Brown Sugar and Maple (Yum!!). Adding Chocolate to my chocolate dough was just the touch it needed. Perfect and tons of...
I realize it has been a while since this thread was going, but I found out that Spices Etc. is offering free shipping on any size order through tomorrow, so I thought I would post the info in case anyone is interested. The offer applies to the continental U.S.. Use coupon code BRK2 when you check out or call. Here is their website, if anyone wants it:: www.spicesetc.com/ I listed more info above.My Clear Vanilla is on its way along with Coconut and Pumpkin Pie Spice as...
Kudos to you!! That was a lot of work and I am sure they looked wonderful!
I use Spices Etc. as well and swear by it. The flavorings are all-natural and I have had great success with them. I am going to do a cut and paste rather than retype the info I posted recently, but if it helps, here is a coupon code for a first time order:I absolutely love the all-natural flavorings from Spices Etc. A lot of my cookie friends use them as well. I like it in my dough and/or my RI It adds a lot of variety to my cookie offerings and I get great reviews. I...
I use Antonia 74's RI recipe combined with all-natural flavoring from Spices Etc. As I am a bit rushed, I am going to just cut and paste the information if you would like it from another thread. The flavorings have really made a difference for me and I get rave reviews. Here it goes:I absolutely love the all-natural flavorings from Spices Etc. A lot of my cookie friends use them as well. I like it in my dough and/or my RI It adds a lot of variety to my cookie offerings...
I have done the same idea of impressing a round before baking and also have taken a round, put it on top after baking and turned it a few times to set my circle. That helped. Circles can be tricky!
I have not tried a cream cheese cutout cookie, but the white chocolate one sounds great! May I ask where you found that one? I would love to give it a try if possible.
I also double the vanilla, using a really good quality one. For other flavoring options, I absolutely love the all-natural flavorings from Spices Etc. A lot of my cookie friends use them as well. I like it in my dough and/or my RI. It adds a lot of variety to my cookie offerings and I get great reviews. I have used, and liked, Coconut, Lime, Orange, Cherry, Lemon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Two Fold Vanilla, Raspberry, Root Beer, Maple, Toffee, Pomegranate, Chocolate (fab for...
I am so very sorry to hear of those who have lost loved ones to cancer. So very sorry.I made cookies for a woman who underwent surgery for brain cancer and made her an assortment of cheery bright flowers, monogram cookies and cute ladybugs. I was told that they really made her smile. I would go for bright and cheery. As was mentioned, the cancer does not define her. I love the idea of Christmas or winter cookies. Perhaps some cheery snowmen, snowflakes, mittens, etc. ...